News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Market?

Started by ksivils, January 14, 2015, 01:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksivils

I am curious. Where is the On30 market the largest?

Europe or the United States or another region?

Anubis

It's only a calculated guess on my part, but I would suggest the US - due to the fact that 99% of the On30 models produced are of American outline.

It's only due to kit-bashing that the rest of the world produces some "other" outline stuff.

That's my theory, anyway.

John

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

railexpert

Hello,

There is only one high volume manufacturer for On30 rolling stock in the world: Bachmann.
The Bachmann models have exclusively prototypes from US loco builders.
Also the small-series producers for On30 are predominant in the USA.

Therefore is the USA the biggest market for On30.

Too the O scale market in the USA is compared with the rest of the world the biggest one.

Railexpert

mabloodhound

Australia is pretty large market in that they have some actually narrow gauge trains still running there.
8)
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

p51

Quote from: mabloodhound on January 23, 2015, 02:03:30 PM
Australia is pretty large market in that they have some actually narrow gauge trains still running there.
I would think so because a lot of bandwidth and ink originates out of the Land Down Under on the subject.
-Lee

Stevelewis

It is  fairly  obvious  that the  USA  will have  the  largest  market  for  most  model railway  categories  simply  because  of  the  population,

Here in the UK  the On30 market  is   quite  small  and  not  really  growing, many  retailers  are actually reducing  their  stock  holding  of 0n30   or  not  stocking it  at all now!,

Just  another  point there is a company in Australia  who market  quality 0n30 products   Haskell.  they  have  a  website.

www.haskellco.net  

Although in  my case  0n30  is  still flourishing  Just  last  week  I have  purchased   1 2-6-6-2 Mallet, 1 Whitcomb, 1 Heisler, & 1  Forney. plus  a  load  of  freight  cars  & Passenger cars.
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!