Sergent Couplers on Bachmann Heavyweights and Amfleets

Started by WTierce1, January 24, 2015, 05:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTierce1

I have been looking at the new Sergent couplers and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. I would like to add tightlock style couplers to both my Heavyweights and Amfleets, but am confused as which type that would be on the list, and how well they would actually work. I would also like to use the draft box that comes with them for the most part, that way I could eliminate some pre-existing coupling issues. (Don't stay coupled very well)
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

Len

Just about any questions you have about these couplers is answered here: http://www.sergentengineering.com/

While they look nice, these are essentially manually operated couplers and assume you can reach any location where you plan to do any switching.

If you have a yard, or industry, at the back side of your layout that can't be easily reached, you'll do better with EZ-Mate or Kadee couplers.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

WTierce1

I already have to basically manually uncouple as it is, so that is not one of my concerns. I am not even running them on a layout. I am already using E-Z mates and Kadee couplers and like them, but I would like to have the better coupling of tightlocks and that bit of extra realism and prototypical look and function.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad