Original "Lumber Jack" train set 0-4-0 Axle Gear (its plastic)

Started by JimHowe, January 29, 2015, 06:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimHowe

Friends,  I have been reading the large scale posts for 10 pages now and appreciate all the discussion on the beloved 0-4-0
"Porter" loco.  Including the history lesson by Loco Bill!   I bought my set a long time ago and its sat in its original box for what seems like forever.   The axle drive gear is slipping as she goes around the track.  I wrote Bachmann and they suggested a new drive train for her as those 1st generation gear parts are long gone.  I saw some talk of NWSL being able to make a replacement gear but I don't have the specs.  I tried to super glue it and use model paint to secure it to no avail.  Loco Bill and friends...the set is almost like new...do I have any other options?  Thank You!  Jim Howe -- 30 year Air Force vet and model train junkie

JerryB

Jim:

Northwest Shortline is probably your best bet.

You don't have to know any "specs" to be able to find solutions and purchase from them. They are really experienced in virtually all model locomotives, and especially those that commonly experience gear problems.

Here is a link to the NWSL homepage:

http://www.nwsl.com/

There are forms you can fill out, giving what information you know about what you are looking for. If that isn't enough to get what you need, there are also phone numbers there. Give them a call and there is a significant probability they will be able to help you.

Thank You for your service!
--and--
Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources