Main Menu

? Heisler ?

Started by Ralph-On30, February 14, 2007, 11:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph-On30

Heisler.

When do we get a Heisler?

ebtnut

Ralph:  Be patient.  I read in the hobby press that Bachmann will now be announcing new releases quarterly, when they are close to be coming available.  At that rate, expect the next announcement of new stuff around May. 

Patrick

Ralph-On30:

Ebnut may be right and it will be announced in May, but I'm just not sure which year ! Accordingly, I ordered two HO Heislers from Trainworld and am in the process of converting them to On30. I have an awful feeling that if I wait for Bachmann to release them, I'll still be waiting on my deathbed.

This is not a slam on Bachmann, it's just that there seems to be so much more demand for a 4-4-0 or a 4-6-0. They have to make what sells.

Patrick

Ken

One of the 3 truck Shays, built for the Braden Copper Co (2½ft)
   could be a good seller. BCCo operated 10 2trk (42-2) & 6 3trk Shays
  ( 60-3). If I were to operate a Hesiler I would go the conversion route
  myself. Off  to LHS to measure up the Bachmann 3 trk Shay in HO for
  a possible conversion for an 2½ft gauge  3trk Shay. 

Ken

max (uk)

I would like a Heisler, i think a 4-4-0 would look to old for my liking. 4-6-0, maybe id buy one.  :-\

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I'll post announcements as cleared- nothing more I can do...
the Bach-man

ksivils

Heisler, Heisler, Heisler we want a Heisler!

ginzokid

To the Bach-man,
Just to remind you.....we want a Heisler!!!!

The Kid

James Thomas

I hope Bachmann doesn't use this forum for market research.  With a Shay and Climax already available, a Heisler would be pretty boring.  We need something completely different.  How about a 2-4-4-2 w/tender with sound?

ksivils

Boring for who?  Some of us really want a Heisler.

ginzokid

You can say that again. I want a Heisler. I love the "critters" that we have so far and a Heisler would complete the stable. With limited space for a layout, these "logging" type engines make for the perfect solution to tight radii and steep grades found on mining and logging roads. Boring? I think not.  ;D

The Kid

caseyjones382

Heisler boring?!?! Surely not!! I would love to see an On30 Heisler and I am willing to let Bachman come measure the one I run lol Too bad its standard gauge but hey its a Heisler,

This is Americas first V twin, the fastest of the loggers , not prone to derailments like the Shay. Yeah an all around good loco. Yes I am kinda partial to Heislers but they are truly an awesome machine and like posted GREAT on tight curves and steep grades.

Also its in all the other scales Bachman has. I just havent justified the Large scale one to my wife yet   ;D She comes back with you already have a large scale Heisler :P
What a hell of a way to run a  railroad! We are on time, BUT this is yesterdays train.

br549

I have an old VHS tape of the Mt Rainier narrow gauge RR they have a Heisler, Shay and a Climax as well as other Loco's. I think all three of those models are Unique in there own aspect. I could see buying a Heisler ;D
Great video by "green frog" you should see it !

Fatraccoon

Mt. Rainier is not narrow gauge.

br549

Yep, My first mistake of the year your right it is standard gauge  ;)
Shay, Heisler & Climax  nice combo any way  :D