News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How about Hiro

Started by Rollin Mayham, June 03, 2013, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal

I found this thread and I was thinking why not revive it?

I think Hiro would be one of my top choices. I'm aware of the pricing, but I think he would be an exquisite addition.

I enjoyed Hiro in "HOTR" and dispite his portrayal in S13-16, I'm really glad his character was redeemed in S17-18. He's had great roles ever since. Unlike Winston, which people are mixed about.  He's an admired character by the older fans. I'm sure most  of us would welcome him into the range.  ;)

Please feel free to discuss your thoughts over the character.  :)

DoggySporty

Quote from: Nykrivas on March 11, 2015, 07:24:42 PM
I found this thread and I was thinking why not revive it?

I think Hiro would be one of my top choices. I'm aware of the pricing, but I think he would be an exquisite addition.

I enjoyed Hiro in "HOTR" and dispite his portrayal in S13-16, I'm really glad his character was redeemed in S17-18. He's had great roles ever since. Unlike Winston, which people are mixed about.  He's an admired character by the older fans. I'm sure most  of us would welcome him into the range.  ;)

Please feel free to discuss your thoughts over the character.  :)

Like how some people seemed to say back in 2013, according to message dates, he wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd be happy with him.  Hiro not only has an interesting personality, but it's also a personality that Thomas hasn't done before.  The "Master of the Railway" never comes across as arrogant, but rather self respect and respect for Sodor and all who work and live there.  That's very profound in my opinion.
I do like Spencer since he unintentionally makes Gordon look like a humble saint in comparison, but I don't know if that's what the writers really ever intended; it's just my observation.  But at the same time, he's just Gordon multiplied by 10 in many ways. 
There's also Connor and Caitlin, lovable characters, but I don't think they're as strong as Hiro.  I do enjoy how Caitlin is portrayed as being a powerful female character who doesn't always have to be compared to the boys, which is an unfortunate trope that Emily fell victim to for a while.
Now that almost all of the classic characters have made their way to HO, it'll be interesting which newer ones make the cut in the future.

Anthony P2

Quite honestly, I would get Hiro if Bachmann made him. He would be a big seller not only in UK and US, but also in Japan too. He's a relatively big character in Japan ever since he was introduced. He might wind up being a top seller for Bachmann. Next year I could possibly see him or Rosie, along with Paxton being produced.