News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

#4 turnout - right

Started by Jacqlyns Dad, February 25, 2015, 06:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacqlyns Dad

I just purchased the item in my subject line.  I assume the second piece of the turnout goes on the right side BUT what track fits on the straight so that two tracks can continue OR am I totally wrong?

Thank!

Richard

kmcsjr

Google n scale layouts. You will find links to a number of layouts that use turnouts. I think you will see what the turnouts do.

Jacqlyns Dad

I am not looking for a layout.  I need to know what track fits in the part of the track that splits.  Is there a special track that is cut differently.  None of the pieces I have fit to continue straight.

Thanks.

Richard

Joe Satnik

Dear Dad,

You may have to trim or file the roadbed of the attaching tracks to fit next to one another.

The roadbed may be scored underneath to help with that. 

Anyone else have experience with the #4 s?

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Jacqlyns Dad

Filing was the answer.

Thanks!

kmcsjr

Sorry Richard. I missed that

DougInCal

I had to cut 4 pieces of track for my 30 deg crossover, two on each side.  It came as a surprise to me, also, but after purchasing a model saw, I got the job done.

Jacqlyns Dad

Hey, thanks for all the feedback.  I am learning.  The filing of the plastic took about a minute.  It was real simple and now everything fits.

Enjoyable hobby!

Again, thanks for all the feedback.

Richard