Auto reversing modules for double reverse loop layout--RUNNING DC

Started by MattfromKP, March 03, 2015, 12:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

I am not as sharp or as fast a typer as you are, old friend.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

Matt,
Here is what Len is suggesting....
http://www.circuitron.com/index_files/ins/800-5400ins.pdf

Should have gone DCC, you know what they say... once you go DCC you won't go N-U-T-S.  :D :D :D

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Quote from: Jerrys HO on March 03, 2015, 08:15:21 PM
Brock it took you 5 minutes to post that, and my link was posted before you started typing.

One might get the impression from you Jerry, that you are making this some kind of contest and the question would be, why?
Keep Calm and Carry On

MattfromKP

wow--I am really blown away by your responses. Thank you for taking the time
to help me out. Feel like I am part of a really great community!

You've given me a lot to look into--I'll post soon with my progress!

All the best
—Matt

Jerrys HO

Quote from: jbrock27 on March 03, 2015, 08:26:41 PM
Not everyone feels the need for DCC, old friend.

Well they should!  It's like Toyota, OH WHAT A FEELING!  :D :D :D :D

Jerrys HO

Quote from: jbrock27 on March 03, 2015, 08:32:22 PMOne might get the impression from you Jerry, that you are making this some kind of contest and the question would be, why?

Your the only impressionable person here buddy.

Jerrys HO

Quote from: MattfromKP on March 03, 2015, 08:43:13 PM
wow--I am really blown away by your responses. Thank you for taking the time
to help me out. Feel like I am part of a really great community!

You've given me a lot to look into--I'll post soon with my progress!

All the best
—Matt

Hope the best for you Matt! Have fun and do report back on your progress.

jbrock27

Matt, it is nice to hear someone give thanks to others for taking their time to help.  You are quite welcome and good luck, and keep us informed as to how you do, just like my pal Jerry said :)

Jerry I love Toyota, but don't need DCC.  Impressionable??  Hardly.  Are you sure you are not looking for a different word?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

Quote from: jbrock27 on March 03, 2015, 09:04:14 PM
Jerry I love Toyota, but don't need DCC.  Impressionable??  Hardly.  Are you sure you are not looking for a different word?

Gosh Jim you just won't get the FEELING. Oh  and I am not looking for a different word took me long enough to find that one.

jbrock27

Oh, but I have the FEELING, I have a TOYOTA!

And don't give me that, you did not take any time to find that word, you simply used mine (impression) as the root word for yours! :D
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

Quote from: jbrock27 on March 03, 2015, 10:27:34 PM
Oh, but I have the FEELING, I have a TOYOTA!

Yeah but look at it this way, now you have DC control where you control only one Toyota where if you got the feeling (DCC) you could operate multiple Toyota's independently from each other without BROCK control or was that block control  :D :D :D :D.

Len

From what Matt said, he just has a stretch of EZ-Track with a reverse loop at each end. He wants the train to go back and forth automatically between the loops using a DC transormer he already has.

So his choices boil down to:

a) Use the DC transformer he's alread got, and buy a Circuitron AR-1

b) Buy a complete DCC Control System and either a DCC only autoreverse module, or a Circuitron AR-1.

c) Forget automatic operation, and use DPTO toggle switches, or an Atlas #220 Controller, to operate the train manually.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jbrock27

True Dat Jerry, but block control works fine for us.  We don't need the ability to operate 4 locos at once on the same line.  Deh layout is not big enough (perhaps I should say, sadly?) to enjoy that or warrant the investment of DCC.  I'd like to keep my garage for my TOYOTA instead of trains, y'all.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

Quote from: jbrock27 on March 04, 2015, 07:24:37 PM
True Dat Jerry, but block control works fine for us.  We don't need the ability to operate 4 locos at once on the same line.  Deh layout is not big enough (perhaps I should say, sadly?) to enjoy that or warrant the investment of DCC.  I'd like to keep my garage for my TOYOTA instead of trains, y'all.

True Dat? Deh layout? Sounds like your from Bahston. I don't think I stoop that low when I talk.
And I have two double car garage's one for the trains the other for the cars  :o.