News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ds64 aUTOMATIC CHANGING DURING POWER UP

Started by jrd65, March 03, 2015, 03:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrd65

Has anyone using DS64's with Atlas Snap switches incurred automatic changing positions on the switch on power up of the platform?

WoundedBear

That's probably a question best answered by either Digitrax or Atlas. But I may be wrong ::)

Sid

Jerrys HO

Nope but I have a Bachmann  DCC decoder equipped #6 crossover that does it. Don't know why? never asked as it only does it on powering up the system.

Len

If you have everything plugged into an outlet strip, and turn it on and off using the strips power switch, you can have wierd problems. When you turn the outlet strip on, there is often a voltage spike that can cause spurious signals from DCC control systems.

In fact, some systems instructions specifically say to power them off seperately and turn them on last, after everything else has been turned on, for that reason.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Jerrys HO

Quote from: Len on March 03, 2015, 08:18:37 PM
If you have everything plugged into an outlet strip, and turn it on and off using the strips power switch, you can have wierd problems. When you turn the outlet strip on, there is often a voltage spike that can cause spurious signals from DCC control systems.

In fact, some systems instructions specifically say to power them off seperately and turn them on last, after everything else has been turned on, for that reason.

Len

I'll have to try that when I get my layout rewired Len, good tip if it works. I'll try to post my findings when I get back to building on the layout.