News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

reverse board

Started by jeff messenger, March 10, 2015, 11:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff messenger

Hello,I have an older FM TRAINMASTER the reverse board seems to have died I bought a new board and they arent the same a wiring diagram would be a big help but cant seem to find one I assume the board I bought is much newer because it has plugs the old one does not.  Any help will be great.

Thanks Jeff

Len

On the new wiring harnesses, the red wire goes to the pick-ups, black to chassis/wheel return connection, yellow and and blue to the motors. I usually snip the old wires near the PCB and splice them to the new ones with small wire nuts until I'm sure I've got the connections right for the start direction I want. Then I solder and heat shrink (don't forget to slide it on the wire before soldering) for a permanent connection.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

jeff messenger

Len,the problem is I got no wires with boards so I cant do what you told me.    Now on new board there is 4 sets of male plugs2 then 4,4,2 I think the 2 sets of 4 are for motors pickups etc but dont know order of wires or which color goes where wish I got plugs with them I need to know what wire to what pin etc

Thanks for your help

Len

The links Joe gave above should give you what you need.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jeff messenger

Joe Satnik I sent you an email just wondering if you have any of those plugs.

Thanks Jeff