News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track

Started by RedlegJim, March 29, 2015, 02:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedlegJim

I'm new to model RR and I'm building my first layout. The layout uses EZ track which I think is a great product especially for a beginner. My question relates to putting the track together with a secure good fit. Most of the track snaps easily into place, however, there are a few spots where the fit isn't as clean or smooth. Is there a solution to this problem? I don't want to have frequent derailments when the train goes over these rough spots. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Trainman203

You will always have to adjust things in model railroading.  Get a small file at the hobby shop and make sure that all the rail joints are butter smooth and will not catch on a fingernail passing over it.

Jerrys HO

Make sure the rails are going in the joiners and not under/over them. If you run your finger on top and feel a bump they are not properly joined otherwise they line up nicely.

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

Perhaps Jim means that his layout geometry is not perfect, therefore the final pieces are not lining up properly.

In this case, AnyRail.com track layout CAD program (free for the first 50 pieces) would help.

Gotta run. 

Some other helpful boarder jump in, please.

Thanks.

Joe
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Hunt

Click Here to view a Bachmann video segment,  Assembly of E-Z Track.

RedlegJim

Thanks for the feedback on EZ track. I checked my track and found that I have two or three sections of track where the rail joints are not properly aligned. These seem to occur where a curved piece joins a straight one. Is there an easy or better way to get the rail joints aligned. I can't seem to get these few sections done correctly. Thanks.

Joe Satnik

Dear Jim,

Please post a photo of your layout (using Photobucket or some other photo hosting website), or

tell us the sequence of your layout tracks, e.g.,

four 9" straights,

six 18"R curves to the left,

etc. 

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.