do you think bachmann will ever make a big boy?

Started by sedfred, April 18, 2015, 12:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sedfred

if there is a spectrum 2-8-8-4 do you think an ho scale big boy can be a possibility? even though big boys are made by other manufacturers i think a spectrum line big boy would be interesting

ACY

There is a big difference between offering an EM-1 and the locomotive you want. The EM-1 was not made aside from brass, where as many companies make and have made the 4-8-8-4, making the likelihood that it is made by Bachmann effectively non-existent. It could happen at some point in time but not in the next 5 years. Perhaps 15-20 years from now, perhaps never. Bachmann can't make something without being 100% certain it will yield a profit, so with all the competition from other manufacturers they will likely not have any plans to make it at this time or in the next 5-10 years.

jward

I would much rather see Bachmann invest their money on something unique. big boys have been done to death. perhaps a challenger would be better?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Br 98.75

I would love to see a Beyer Garratt 2-8-0+0-8-2

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

From the Articulated engine front, I would love to see some other types of Yellowstone engines other than the B&O EM-1. For example the DMIR M3 and M4 classes (of which the ONLY 3 remaining 2-8-8-4s in North America are DMIR M3 class #225 and 227 and M4 class #229) or the Northern Pacific originals.

Ken Clark

While not a Beyer-Garratt 2-8-0+0-8-2, E.Hattons / Heljen offer a B-G  LMS 2-6-0+0-6-2 in
  OO scale. It runs flawlessly with dual motors, DCC plug in. I did upset E Hattons when I suggested I may repaint it for the Canadian Pacific Railway though! <G>. The scale difference between HO & OO is not noticeable with a consist of HO cars.

Ken Clark
     GWN

sedfred

i guess that it would be kind of pointless for there to be a big boy, but i would like to see a hudson, specifically a cp royal hudson.

sedfred

because i am canadian would like to see more canadian steamers, like the u2g in mass production. usually models like that are brass and it seems like they are extremely hard to find anywhere. i went to the parts store and saw a shell for a 4-8-4 that was named 'canadian overland'. does anyone know about this model?

ACY

Quote from: sedfred on April 18, 2015, 11:18:01 AM
i guess that it would be kind of pointless for there to be a big boy, but i would like to see a hudson, specifically a cp royal hudson.
A locomotive such as this would more likely be produced by a company such as Broadway Limited, if it was made, expect to pay in the range of $700-$800 for such a locomotive due to the limited run it would have to be produced in.

Quote from: sedfred on April 18, 2015, 11:22:21 AM
because i am canadian would like to see more canadian steamers, like the u2g in mass production. usually models like that are brass and it seems like they are extremely hard to find anywhere. i went to the parts store and saw a shell for a 4-8-4 that was named 'canadian overland'. does anyone know about this model?
The main problem is 99% of Bachmann's (North America) customer base resides in the United States, because of this it does not usually lend itself to producing models based off of Canadian prototypes since most locomotives in the United States were not based off of them. A huge percentage of Bachmann's customer base lies on the Eastern Seaboard, in Chicago, in Texas, and in Southern California, so as a result nearly all their products will appeal to one or more of those groups. Canada is barely a drop in the bucket compared to major US cities like New York and Los Angeles. Perhaps look into contacting Rapido since they are known for producing models based on Canadian prototypes.

union pacific 4014

make 4-12-2    all  tho are brass and cost $$$$$

GN.2-6-8-0

Quote from: union pacific 4014 on April 18, 2015, 12:08:40 PM

Soooo' the one just brought out by BLI doesn't count? Lol
Rocky Lives

sedfred

i also want to know about this canadian overland shell, at what point in time did bachmann make a cn northern?

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

Quote from: GN.2-6-8-0 on April 18, 2015, 01:06:39 PM

Or the one made by MTH a couple years ago?

ACY

Quote from: sedfred on April 18, 2015, 03:51:57 PM
i also want to know about this canadian overland shell, at what point in time did bachmann make a cn northern?
Bachmann never made one that was correct to prototype at one point Bachmann had a 4-8-4 lettered for a Canadian roadname but it was incorrect for the Canadian prototype. It was an American 4-8-4 with a Canadian road name on it.

So in short Bachmann never made an actual (Canadian prototype) CN Northern.

GN.2-6-8-0

Quote from: MilwaukeeRoadfan261 on April 18, 2015, 06:21:49 PM
Quote from: GN.2-6-8-0 on April 18, 2015, 01:06:39 PM

Or the one made by MTH a couple years ago?

LOL Does that one really even count??? LOL
Rocky Lives