News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

hiding n switch motors

Started by sonnyw, May 05, 2015, 12:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonnyw

anybody got any new ideas on how to hide switch machines? i have tried everything i can think of to hide these unsightly blobs on my layout. painting them light grey helps or painting them to match the groundcover helps but after so many years they seem to really stand out. when i was younger i tried under table switch machines but now if i get under my layout i have to call my wife to help get me out....almost. i havent tried green ground foam glued to the machine maybe that would work. :-\

Piyer

Depending on the type of track you are using, the nature of your layout, and your mechanical skills, there are a number of options to switch machines if you are willing / able to go the manual route. Take a look at this for some ideas: http://www.housatonicrr.com/downloads/Do%20It%20Yourself%20Switch%20Machines.pdf
~AJ Kleipass~
Proto-freelance modeling the Tri-State System c.1942
The layout is based upon the operations of the Delaware Valley Railway,
the New York, Susquehanna & Western, the Wilkes-Barre & Eastern,
the Middletown & Unionville, and the New York, Ontario & Western.

sonnyw

thanks piyer Ill check it out

spookshow

In the past I've tried concealing them with ballast and ground foam, but basically it's just putting lipstick on a pig -

Eventually I just gave up on the things and went the manual groundthrow route.

Cheers,
-Mark

sonnyw

Mark I agree with you,I only use switch machines when they are out of view mostly. thanks