News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

can it

Started by HOplasserem80c, February 14, 2007, 04:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamGene

Hast thy Challenger marker lights on its tender?  If not, thou hast a locomotive, not a train.  If perchance that be not the case, thou couplest thy tender to such varied cars as thou seest fit, placing thy caboose most regally on its end, and then thou hast a train.   (Some varlet may say there must be marker lights eke upon thy caboose.  They say sooth. )
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

HOplasserem80c

will you talk in english!!!!!!!!! nobody enjoys ur spanishenglishweirdo giberish!!!! DUH it has a tender i paid 400 bucks for it it better have a tender

SteamGene

Sirrah, I speak not, but even write.  Wotst thee well that I use good Queen Bess's most excellent English.  Thou understandeth not comments made to thy peril.  I asked thee not if thou hast a tender, but hast thy tender MARKERS?  The difference is in many a stone, more than is known in thy philosophy. 
Thou hast in thy power to have me cease this merriment.  Thou canst gird thy loins and try thy uttermost to write as thy language arts teacher wouldst have thee do.  That done, thou shalt see this not 'til thou art a freshman or a sophomore.  Then "Blow wind, come wrack,/ At least" thou diest "with harness on" thy "back."
Printst thee my utterances on fair paper and show my scrivings to thy language arts teacher and harken to what that learned lady eke gentleman doth pronounce it.  In fairness, thou shouldst show also thy scribblings
Gene, Gent.  ;D
Chief Brass Hat

brad

Gene, Thou art a  cruel knave. This poor fellow can't tell Spanish from English, yet you continue. Do you also shoot fish in barrels?

brad

ps. keep up the good work ;) LOL
I drempt, I planned, I'm building

SteamGene

Depends on the fish.   ;D 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Paul M.

Quote from: HOplasserem80c on February 16, 2007, 04:57:10 PM
will you talk in english!!!!!!!!! nobody enjoys ur spanishenglishweirdo giberish!!!! DUH it has a tender i paid 400 bucks for it it better have a tender

He IS talking in English. Old English, I believe it's called, but English just the same. You are the one who appears to be talking in "spanishenglishweirdo gibberish"

PS- It appears that many of us like Gene's Old English. :D

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

ddellacca

ben_not_benny

SteamGene

Actually, it's as I said, AME, which stands for "Archaic Modern English."   Were it Old English, I couldn't read it, much less write it.  Middle English I can still read, but not write any longer.  That's Chaucer's era:  "Whan that Aprille with his shoures sote/The droghte of Marche hath perced to the rote..."  (Good thing I went back and checked.  I originally misspelled "his, showers, sweet, drought, March, pierced, and root!) 

"Blow wind, come wrack" comes from the last scene of Act V of MacBeth, just before MacBeth is killed.    Farts would come from Chaucer's "The Miller's Tale," but we have children present so I shall not quote it.

M80c, speak for thyself alone.  And thou shouldst not laugh at another's misfortune else it cometh thy way.  For that, I dropped nothing, for it fell from wence it was placed for labor.
Is somebody being railroaded?  (Obligatory railroad content)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Jake

Quote from: japasha on February 15, 2007, 10:12:21 PM
Dcc is only transmitted along the rail to the locomotive. The rail provides power and signal to the decoder.

Edgar Beren  stated that Charlie was one of his family. Candice Bergen complained that everyone thought Charlie was her brother. Neither run on DCC or Dc for that matter.

The Athearn Challenger would be ready to program and operate if you bought one.  Remember that it operates on 24" radius or larger.
This has been more like Convincing Falstaff of something improtant rather than MacBeth.

Actually the athearn challenger is safe to run on 18"R track, it is the Big Boy that requires 22"R but is recomended for 24"R.  ;)  Call me meticulous but who cares.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Guilford Guy

Quote from: SteamGene on February 15, 2007, 06:26:09 PM
Thanks, Bill.  I'm subbing for an old friend for the next three days.  Act I and II of MACBETH.   This is the third Shakespearian play for these students and they still can't tell their "thee" from  their "thy."  But most apparently got something out of it.  One of the students in the last class was in the office as I left and told the secretary, "Now that's the sub who KNOWS Shakespeare!"  And he couldn't be sucking up.  All I'm doing is leaving a report. 
BTW, there are no trains in MACBETH, not even the "Hogwarts Express."   ::)
Gene

Might thou sub at thy school? ;)
Yes I probably messed up to the point of english teacher histerics yet I have yet to learn AME.
Alex

LD303

hang on a second there...back up......
......YOU paid $400 for it?  and where does a 15 yr old get that kind of money????  makes me a bit dubious, you talk of challengers and big boys in one post...then ask about a $2 TYCO POS in another......that doesnt make any sense at all.....tell us the truth now,  you dont have any $400 dollar locos do you? youre still stuck in thomas land arent you?....just a wannabe and trying to match what the others on this board have and talk about....you can tell the truth,  we wont laugh.....much ;D

Jim Banner

SteamGene, I must be getting old.  I can easily read your AME and understand every word.  But I am still wondering what "can a HO E Z comand dcc without loco run on power lock track?" means.  His words ask if an H0 E-Z Commander can run along a particular brand of rails.  But I suspect that what he really wants to know is something entirely different.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Guilford Guy

Quote from: LD303 on March 14, 2007, 11:29:37 PM
hang on a second there...back up......
......YOU paid $400 for it?  and where does a 15 yr old get that kind of money????  makes me a bit dubious, you talk of challengers and big boys in one post...then ask about a $2 TYCO POS in another......that doesnt make any sense at all.....tell us the truth now,  you dont have any $400 dollar locos do you? youre still stuck in thomas land arent you?....just a wannabe and trying to match what the others on this board have and talk about....you can tell the truth,  we wont laugh.....much ;D
I think last time he said he was 13 and was in 6th grade....
Alex

Stephen D. Richards

LOL,  Gene, I think you may be teaching us all something!  It's been a long time since I read any Middle English!  Last time was in '78, Fairmont State University!  Wow!  Plasser, I know this is all in jest but pay attention to Gene, he can teach you alot!  By the way, I have seven grandkids who still can't write much, well six of them anyway, so I have been well practiced in jibberish.  I think I understand what you're asking.  If I do, yes you can connect to any track (HO) and run any locomotive on it without any ill effects.
And to the radius question....I have both the Athearn Genesis Challenger and the Big Boy.  They work and pull fine on the 18"radius track.  Looks silly though!      And before it happens, I know "jibberish" is not in the dictionary!  lol              Stephen