News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

can it

Started by HOplasserem80c, February 14, 2007, 04:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Banner

Stephen, I did not know jibberish was not in the dictionary.  I thought it was an Americanization of the English word gibberish.

Quotegibberish noun 1 speech that is meaning less or difficult to understand. 2 utter nonsense.
ETYMOLOGY: 16c.

The above definition is cut and pasted from Chambers online dictionary.  Note their misuse of the language - "meaning less" where they meant "meaningless."  If even the dictionary has trouble getting it right, what hope does HOplasserem80c have?

Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Stephen D. Richards

Jim, that is so true.  I get the word "jibberish" from my Appalachian Mountain upbringing.  That was how the old folks used and spelled it!  I thought maybe someone would pick up on that one...never was much good at humor in the written word!  lol

traindude109

Quote from: LD303 on March 14, 2007, 11:29:37 PM
hang on a second there...back up......
Quote from: HOplasserem80c on February 16, 2007, 04:57:10 PM
will you talk in english!!!!!!!!! nobody enjoys ur spanishenglishweirdo giberish!!!! DUH it has a tender i paid 400 bucks for it it better have a tender
......YOU paid $400 for it?  and where does a 15 yr old get that kind of money????  makes me a bit dubious, you talk of challengers and big boys in one post...then ask about a $2 TYCO POS in another......that doesnt make any sense at all.....tell us the truth now,  you dont have any $400 dollar locos do you? youre still stuck in thomas land arent you?....just a wannabe and trying to match what the others on this board have and talk about....you can tell the truth,  we wont laugh.....much ;D

I completely agree. I don't understand how you get all these locos. Oh wait, cause you don't have them. Please stop the lies! Nearly all of your posts are complete bull **** so stop please and move on.  N one likes it when someone pretends to know a lot when they don't hardly know anything. Cause there a begginer. Nothing wrong with being new, but by thinking that we are going to believe a bunch of crap is out of the question.  I thought we had settled this already, but I guess not. STOP LYING. Everyone on this forum knows you are, so it is not worth continuing.
Matt

Boulder Creek and Western Railroad (G scale 1:20.3)

Hoople

The challenger is READY to RUN with DCC ONBOARD.
It can take 18" radius even. Though it doesn't look that good when running around them.
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

Stephen Warrington

LOL Gene, I keep having flash backs to high school and the Canterberry (SP) Tales and old English days. Where once a week we spent English class speaking old English. Just imagine 40 Southern boys and girls and a English Teacher from Maine.

Now to Plasser, if your going to lie and keep on doing it learn to keep your facts straight, but I prefer the truth always over a lie. IF you can afford a $400.00 locomotive then quit asking if I have a old Bachmann 4-8-4 because I am scraping by on SSI and I can't afford $400.00 locomotives unless it is a 3 truck 55 ton shay in 1:20.3

Stephen

Guilford Guy

Quote from: Stephen Warrington on March 15, 2007, 10:37:25 PM
Now to Plasser, if your going to lie and keep on doing it learn to keep your facts straight, but I prefer the truth always over a lie. IF you can afford a $400.00 locomotive then quit asking if I have a old Bachmann 4-8-4 because I am scraping by on SSI and I can't afford $400.00 locomotives unless it is a 3 truck 55 ton shay in 1:20.3

Stephen

Or an AMD-103 Genni from me, it isn't happening...
Alex

Hoople

Could you guys please stop picking on him? The purpose of this forum is for talk about trains, not to be rude to people. So what if he has a challenger. I have a big boy, and I'm younger than him. Age never really matters for what the price of your trains are. (Unless your 2 or 3...)
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

HOplasserem80c

ok here we go again

ok first of all i did ask you if you had a b-mann 4-8-4

second of all yes i do have a 400 dollar big boy

and third of all i am not lying and i don't have to match myself with any of you people i am to far above the influence to sink down to the level of the lot of you. i know what i have on my layout and i know i have pretty inspresive things and i know there are a couple of trains i have that no one else has.

so if you think a am going to stoop to your peoples level and argue about what i have on my layout you are sadly mistaken.

LD303

Quote from: Hoople on March 15, 2007, 11:57:54 PM
Could you guys please stop picking on him? The purpose of this forum is for talk about trains, not to be rude to people. So what if he has a challenger. I have a big boy, and I'm younger than him. Age never really matters for what the price of your trains are. (Unless your 2 or 3...)
....well we aren't picking on him , we just don't believe his assertion that he has all these locos ......if he was asking intellegent questions about these locos he allegedly owns we might believe him,  but to say you have a $400 loco and then want a POS TYCO loco  just because its a UP??  no way!!  i'm not buying it!!!  ......it's a clear case of train envy, he's too young to have the knowledge he so desperately trys to fake and i dont believe he has anything more than a few old POS locos and a lot of dreams.
   he says he doesnt need to match anyone on this board.....but he trys to do it every day, perhaps when he grows up and learns to stop fakeing it, others might take him seriously.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  ok, i just did a search of our buddy plassers posts....oh man!!!  i didnt realize how little he actually knows!!   apparently hes about 5 yrs behind on railroad news...he thinks the B&O roof collapse just happened....he thinks that bachmann still uses traction tires.....he thinks tyco is still in business and he asks constant questions about tyco stuff that he bought, he acted very rude and snotty toward several people then came up with some lame, ''im sory, why dont you acept it'' line that was so fake it was silly.....so if hes got this mythical $400 loco [ and wants a $600 aero train], how come he doesn't have any knowledge of even the basics???  the number of questions about 3rd and 4th rate locos  and rolling stock hes got and what kind of track they will work on makes it quite obvious he doesn't have a clue!!! i don't expect a 13 yr old to know much....but he has answered questions meant for the pros with ''jibberish'' and then said the advice that he got from Guilford Guy and others was stupid.....it's just a matter of time until he really inserts foot in mouth and makes a total laughing stock of himself....he's already well on the way!!!!!! ;D

Guilford Guy

Quotei don't expect a 13 yr old to know much....but he has answered questions meant for the pros with ''jibberish'' and then said the advice that he got from Guilford Guy and others was stupid

wooo I am 13 ;D
Alex

Stephen D. Richards

Quote from: Guilford Guy on March 16, 2007, 05:53:13 AM
Quotei don't expect a 13 yr old to know much....but he has answered questions meant for the pros with ''jibberish'' and then said the advice that he got from Guilford Guy and others was stupid

wooo I am 13 ;D

GG, I don't think he meant it quite that way.  Age is irrelevant to the knowledge you may have!  The problem has been attitude with others.  Whether we like it or not, that is what gains us respect or disdain!  Both are earned.  There have been discrepancies noted with his postings and the latest I saw was he first said he had a Challenger now has a Big Boy!  Since his father allegedly works for the UP, it is very possible, with his apparent love of trains, that they have purchased him these locos.  Just giving him the benefit of doubt.  Please don't get to offended by the age remarks.  There is an old adage (sort of)...respect others and they will respect you!    Shor version!    Stephen

NevinW

I have theory.  A certain spelling and grammar challenged individual with over-abundant enthusiasm for trains is really a college student or adult trolling this site.  Think about it.  No one could spell that bad without deliberately trying.  -  Nevin

Stephen D. Richards

Quote from: NevinW on March 16, 2007, 09:13:13 AM
I have theory.  A certain spelling and grammar challenged individual with over-abundant enthusasm for trains is really a college student or adult trolling this site.  Think about it.  No one could spell that bad without deliberately trying.  -  Nevin

Very possible!  lol

Terry Toenges

LD - Bachmann DOES still use traction tires on their old time 4-4-0's.
Feel like a Mogul.

traindude109

Quote from: LD303 on March 16, 2007, 12:11:06 AM
Quote from: Hoople on March 15, 2007, 11:57:54 PM
....well we aren't picking on him , we just don't believe his assertion that he has all these locos ......if he was asking intellegent questions about these locos he allegedly owns we might believe him,  but to say you have a $400 loco and then want a POS TYCO loco  just because its a UP??  no way!!  i'm not buying it!!!  ......it's a clear case of train envy, he's too young to have the knowledge he so desperately trys to fake and i dont believe he has anything more than a few old POS locos and a lot of dreams.
   he says he doesnt need to match anyone on this board.....but he trys to do it every day, perhaps when he grows up and learns to stop fakeing it, others might take him seriously.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  ok, i just did a search of our buddy plassers posts....oh man!!!  i didnt realize how little he actually knows!!   apparently hes about 5 yrs behind on railroad news...he thinks the B&O roof collapse just happened....he thinks that bachmann still uses traction tires.....he thinks tyco is still in business and he asks constant questions about tyco stuff that he bought, he acted very rude and snotty toward several people then came up with some lame, ''im sory, why dont you acept it'' line that was so fake it was silly.....so if hes got this mythical $400 loco [ and wants a $600 aero train], how come he doesn't have any knowledge of even the basics???  the number of questions about 3rd and 4th rate locos  and rolling stock hes got and what kind of track they will work on makes it quite obvious he doesn't have a clue!!! i don't expect a 13 yr old to know much....but he has answered questions meant for the pros with ''jibberish'' and then said the advice that he got from Guilford Guy and others was stupid.....it's just a matter of time until he really inserts foot in mouth and makes a total laughing stock of himself....he's already well on the way!!!!!! ;D

I agree. We all know he is full of it. Just won't admit, very pathetic. Could we see a picture of this challenger that you say you have. Don't try copying it from a website, cause it is really easy to follow the link to the original site
Matt

Boulder Creek and Western Railroad (G scale 1:20.3)