News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

can it

Started by HOplasserem80c, February 14, 2007, 04:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOplasserem80c

can a HO E Z comand dcc without loco run on power lock track?

Virginian

Syntax error.  Or do you really want to run an EZ Command without a loco?
"What could have happened... did."

HOplasserem80c

they make a e z command without a loco coming with it

SteamGene

For EZ Command to operate a locomotive 'tis necessary that there be a locomotive on the tracks.  If a DC loco it needs be run on address #10.  The other addresses need a decoder. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Rich R

I believe you may run any DCC equipped locomotive with EZ Command. The type of track makes no difference.

Cheers,
Rich R

HOplasserem80c

i understand a train needs to be the track DUR!!!!!!!!!!! will a e z command connect to power lock track

(tis is theee question thee is asking amongith you) HEEHEE

SteamGene

Oy veh.  Thou shouldst not say what thou knowest not. What thou writest shows thee to be a jester.  Look thee:

(tis is theee question thee is asking amongith you)

"tis" is a contraction of "this is" so what you have is "this is is."
"theee" is misspelled and ungrammatical.  It should be "thy." 
"thee" is also misspelled and ungrammatical.  It should be "thou."
In this case "is" should be "art."
There is no such word as "amongith."  Perhaps thou meanst "amongst." 

In any event, wast thou speaking corectly, thy would be placing thy train  on track where it should not go.  The signals stand against thee.  Thou hast not the high ball.

All this said, your use of short hand causes the same problems to many of us older guys that my AME does to you.   If you would slow down, write like your l/a teacher tells you to, proof and edit,  your questions will be clearer to a whole lot of guys who can help you. 
This is not a put down.  This is a sincere desire to help. 

Chief Brass Hat

brad

As was explained to you in your other post in the general section "how can i" Yes you can hook power lock track up to DCC. I'm not sure why you'd get a DCC system if you don't have any locomotives with decoders.

brad
I drempt, I planned, I'm building

Bill Baker

Gene,

You are absolutely hilarious!  Its' like I'm sitting in my english/lit class from many, many years ago.  I feel like Plato sitting at the feet of Aristotle...or wait, was it the other way around?  I know...I feel like Charlie McCarthy sitting on Edgar Bergan's knee. (Let the younger members figure that out) :)
Bill

SteamGene

Thanks, Bill.  I'm subbing for an old friend for the next three days.  Act I and II of MACBETH.   This is the third Shakespearian play for these students and they still can't tell their "thee" from  their "thy."  But most apparently got something out of it.  One of the students in the last class was in the office as I left and told the secretary, "Now that's the sub who KNOWS Shakespeare!"  And he couldn't be sucking up.  All I'm doing is leaving a report. 
BTW, there are no trains in MACBETH, not even the "Hogwarts Express."   ::)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

ben_not_benny

Now we're off topic. I think he want's to know if E-Z Command can be used on a layout with Power-Loc track. If so, the answer is yes.

I do like the joke. I recently read Twelfth Night in school. Shakespeare's one great writer.

LD303

bill....someone has their hand through your back and up inside your neck??!!!   ;) :D

i also wonder why youd want a dcc set-up and you dont have any locos with decoders.

but as far as my knowledge of that new fangled stuff goes....it connects to any style track.

HOplasserem80c

well maybe i have a train with a decoder already hmm i think a athearn challenger

Ralph-On30

Gene, Bill,

Enjoyed your post.

Charlie is Candice Bergan's brother?

japasha

Dcc is only transmitted along the rail to the locomotive. The rail provides power and signal to the decoder.

Edgar Beren  stated that Charlie was one of his family. Candice Bergen complained that everyone thought Charlie was her brother. Neither run on DCC or Dc for that matter.

The Athearn Challenger would be ready to program and operate if you bought one.  Remember that it operates on 24" radius or larger.

This has been more like Convincing Falstaff of something improtant rather than MacBeth.