Layout on Carl Arendt's Small Layout web site

Started by jpipkin, November 15, 2007, 12:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpipkin

I was honored this month to have my small "pizza" layout illustrated on Carl's web site.  My layout uses 6 inch radius curves with 0-4-0 Porters using Bachmann DCC decoders and Bachmann DCC controllers.  A friend made the You Tube video.

http://carendt.com/scrapbook/page67a/index.html

max (uk)

Ah so your the creator of that pizza. I found the youtube video a wile ago. Clever use of DCC, although theres not much space for trains to speed up or slow down which might corse a little bump  :P

Im thinking of making a micro layout. Some thing like a mine layout in a shoe box for my On30 gas mac. Mind you, ive only just started my main On30 layout.

Ned

Interesting work.

I always enjoy visiting that website.

Do you have a larger size layout also?

Ned

OGReditor

Wow!  There's truly some inspirational stuff on Carl's site!  I visit it frequently, and am in awe at what some folks are able to accomplish.  Sure goes to show that you don't need a lot of space for a creative and fun-filled layout.

I would love to have a how-to-do-it construction feature, complete with a series of photos, of a tiny On30 layout to run in our magazine (O Gauge Railroading).  If any of you folks can provide such an article, please feel free to get in touch with me.  You don't have to be an experienced/published writer (that's what they pay editors for)--just a creative person who can document what he or she did in words and pictures.

I'm an On30 enthusiast myself, so after an absence of some months because I wasn't able to log in, I plan to visit here regularly.  And, in my new post, I'll always be looking for On30 layouts--of all sizes--that we can feature in the magazine.

Allan Miller
Editor-in-Chief
O Gauge Railroading Magazine

jpipkin

Ned,

Yes and no to your question if I have a larger layout.  I am a member of the Texas Outlaws On30 modular group.  I have two modules that I use in train shows and gatherings.  I do plan a home layout someday after I finish my large scale layout in the yard.

Jim

Jeff in NJ

Quote from: OGReditor on November 15, 2007, 07:50:45 PM
Wow!  There's truly some inspirational stuff on Carl's site!...I would love to have a how-to-do-it construction feature, complete with a series of photos, of a tiny On30 layout to run in our magazine (O Gauge Railroading)...I'm an On30 enthusiast myself, so after an absence of some months because I wasn't able to log in, I plan to visit here regularly.  And, in my new post, I'll always be looking for On30 layouts--of all sizes--that we can feature in the magazine.

Allan Miller
Editor-in-Chief
O Gauge Railroading Magazine

Allan...are you serious about bringing On30 into the world of OGR? I do hope so...too bad my layout isn't up to snuff...