News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2--6-6-2 dc/dcc streamer

Started by 44magnum, May 25, 2015, 10:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

44magnum

This question is for anyone that can help. I've got  Bachmann 2-6-6-2 that should run dc and or dcc and did to my useless remembering

For someone that can help, I have a nce system using Bachmann dc controllers,  I've got a bachann 2-6-6-2 that used to run either or DC and DCC now it only runs on DCC How do I reprogram it to run again on dc track? my knowing is ziltch. I punched some rong numbers (?) into my controller? It runs awesome otherwise just like to run it on a section of dc  layout separate of my dcc .thanks ahead of time.

Mike C

Try programing CV 8  to 8 . That should reset it to factory settings .

kewatin

i have a nce power cab and yes you are going to have to do a reset with cv 8 plus when you go to re program the engine to either a 3 digit or 4 digit,address ,  when you come to the window that says dcc only &or dc you will push enter for dc..i personally use the 4 number addresss which i use the loco number when programming.if you check out
arthurhouston3 nce dcc programing engine decoder on you tube he makes it plain and simple...
trust the above information helps in resolving your problem.
regards&laterKEWATIN

kewatin

after re reading your post perhaps MIKEC is the easiest way to go. doing the factory reset with the bachmann dual dc &dcc decoder will give you a dcc address of 003 &dc function the way it was shipped from factory.i have the same loco 2-6-6-2 and i program the 4 digit number on the loco. you should not be afraid to try and program your loco,like i said in previous post  arthurhuston3  on you tube makes programming a decoder simple. using the NCE POWER CAB ,  be aware though that if you go this route you will have to put input dc &enter to use on both dcc &dc
   regards&later KEWATIN

plas man

according to Bachmann UK if you run DC on their fitted decoder using 0(zero) or 10 on DCC you will burn out the factory fitted decoder .

kewatin

hello again plas man, when you say running the decoder at 0 or 10 ,what do you mean.
i run many of my dual mode bachmann steamers with a start voltage that i change from 10 to o for much better performance &slow speed  smoothness. if you go to mark"s  SPOOKSHOW WEB PAGE he gives a very good run down on most all locos including bachmann. i have done this to 2-8-0  2-10-2, heavy mtn,4-6-0  2-6-0 and all are set to start voltage of 0,they even run better on dc with these changes.i have done all of my son's dcc euipped dual mode locos and he only runs dc and states he has good general slow speed performance and smoother starts .also i have never burned out any of their LENZ decoders in doing so.if this not what you are referring to please enlighten me to what you are talking about .maybe their is a difference between n.america and british mfg's procedures &specs.glad you got your berkshire running to your liking by playing with the cv's.
regards&later  KEWATIN