Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Ho train Kit

Started by MrMoose, December 13, 2014, 12:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jward

Quote from: jbrock27 on March 14, 2015, 05:18:26 PM
Oh, and happy Pie Day!
I am waiting until 9.26 to celebrate....

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

BIG BEAR

Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

MrMoose

Thought I would post a couple of pictures of my Control Panel. Its just a plain Panel nothing special.

Lights Off

Lights On

Spaghetti

Wired Switches

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

MrMoose

I started to paint the foam on my layout. I'm using a riverbed tan/brown color.
Got some foam board to start making my tunnel / mountain terrain. It will be a double track on one end and two singles on the other end.

Finished installing a sound decoder into my Bachmann 70 ton switcher. It sounds good.

Thats if for now.

MrMoose

I have all my track masked off. now its time for the paint.

WoundedBear

What kind of paint are you using?

Sid

MrMoose

WoundedBear

OK. Was worried there for a minute you might be tempted to try a spray can.

Sid

jbrock27

I would go with latex as well.  But, as a point of information about spray paint and foam board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcmwBdLD4jo
Keep Calm and Carry On

MrMoose

Update:

Got the painting done. ;D

I had an issue with one of my switches for my turnouts. Everytime I threw the switch for one particular turnout into the diversion route it would short out the whole layout..(Not Good  >:() So I checked all the wiring and found no problems with it.
I then pulled the turnout from the layout that that switch was using and checked all the wires on the underside of it. Again found nothing wrong. I then started looking at the insulated rails on the turnout itself. I noticed that one of the rails looked like it was contacting a rail where it shouldn't be. So I made the gaps a little bigger on all the break points on the turnout.
I reinstalled it and hookup up all the wires and tested it. and the short was gone.  Just another day of model railroading... ;)
Oh it was a Bachmann E-Z track turnout.

jward

you are catching on quite well. model railroading is often about solving problems, and your logical approach will help you infinitely.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

MrMoose

MrMoose

Its been awhile since I posted an update so here it is.

I have started to build my tunnel mountain on the layout. I have the walls built and I need to cut out a piece of Hardboard for the facia and cut an excess hole so I will be able to get into the tunnel if something derails. I put skirting on for the end of the layout 4' section that the tunnel will be on so I can get it mounted then I can put the roof on the tunnels. I started to weather and ballast the track around the tunnel area. I guess that is where I'm starting the scenery at....lol. Doing a lot of stuff outside so not doing much to the layout. I have about a dozen Diesel locos rebuilt all with sound. I have one more to do then I'll be done with that for awhile. Bought a drill press holder for my dremel with a xy slide vise so now I can mill and not just drill with it.
Got a new soldering station temp control with digital read out. works very well. Thats about it.

Happy railroading, later.