Hi, ich search for a List of all E-33 Catalog and Roadnumbers
I have
Item No. 82404 = New Haven #300
Item No. 82404 = New Haven #306
Item No. 82407 = New Haven #304
Item No. 82405 = Penn Central #4605
More ????

jward

i am pretty sure there was a Virginian one made, and probably a conrail too.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

electrical whiz kid

Jeff;
They did produce a "Virginian" model.  Nice looking paint, too.
SGT C.

ACY

There was in fact Virginian and Conrail engines produced, I have a Conrail.

chessyger

Sorry, all Post not help.
I am looking for a complete list of all produced Spectrum E-33 with all Item Number and all Road Numbers.

john tricarico

five roadnames only    the 5th is Norfolk & Western

ACY

Quote from: chessyger on June 04, 2015, 05:59:15 AM
Sorry, all Post not help.
I am looking for a complete list of all produced Spectrum E-33 with all Item Number and all Road Numbers.
82402        Spectrum Electric GE E33 Powered -- Virginian (No #)
82403        Spectrum Electric GE E33 Powered -- Norfolk & Western (No #)    
82404        Spectrum Electric GE E33 Powered -- New Haven #306   
82405        Spectrum Electric GE E33 Powered -- Penn Central #4605   
82406        Spectrum Electric GE E33 Powered -- Conrail #4608   
82407        E33 Electric - Standard DC - Spectrum -- New Haven #304   

Len

I purchased all of the New Haven E33's as they came out, and just checked the boxes. I found the same thing Chessyger has in his original post, there are three New Haven E33's.

Road number 304 is Item #82407.
Both road numbers 306 and 300 came in boxes labeled with Item #82404.

I have no idea if there was a rerun, and the road number got changed. Or if someone at the factory forgot to change the Item number on for the different road number.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

grandpuff

I am a big fan of the Virginian Railway and the E-33 electrics in particular. Since they probably did not sell very well Bachmann will probably not run them again anytime soon. I think that they were very well done locomotives and hope that they will re-run them again some day. I just picked up one on EBAY in Virginian colors which is very hard to find and it also runs very well. My only trouble was fitting a decoder in since the 8 pin plug sticks up so high in the housing. I am trying to assemble examples in each of the railroads that ran them Virginian, N&W, New Haven, PRR, and Conrail I believe per the previous posts.

Grandpuff (Duke)
Grandpuff

grandpuff

I forgot to mention this on my last post, The Virginian and the N&W did not have any numbers printed on the cabs, but they both had numbers displayed in the clear number boards which you can see when the lights are on. The Virginian is #140, and the N&W is #235. I hope this helps those compiling a list of items produced.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

electrical whiz kid

As I think back, It seems to me that when the New Haven's receivers bought the Virginian's 12 E-33s, they retained the motor numbers.  Incidentally, this was probably one of the very few positive steps they did, after McGinnis ruined the road, along with a rapacious group of board members.

Rich C.

grandpuff

Actually I believe that when the Virginian units went to N&W they just added 100 to the previous numbers, so #135 became #235 etc.

When they went to the New Haven they were re-numbered #300 to #311.

When they went to the Penn Central they were re-numbered #4600 to #4611 and retained those numbers when PC became Conrail.

The only unit painted N&W was #235.

One unit was wrecked and it went to New Haven with the others for spare parts.

Interesting history, I think these are very nicely done, and I hope they will be re-run some day.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

electrical whiz kid

Puffy;
I have, in my early travels as an electrician up and down the "West End",  had seen many trains with "bricks" on stud.  You are right- they were something.  I recall "Shoreliner" mag doing a feature on them about twenty or so years aback; it was called (wouldn't you guess...)  "The Brick". 
As I had mentioned earlier on here, Purchasing these units from "Virginian"  Was one of the more brighter moves the Post-McGinnis management had done.  In talking to some of the LHS people around Southern New England, they seemed to move off of the shelves pretty quick, just like the DL-109s.   The New Haven had lots of fans, I guess.
Rich C.

grandpuff

Since my last post I have been able to purchase one of each road name that Bachmann produced for the E-33, Virginian, Norfolk & Western, New Haven, Penn Central, and Conrail. I am still searching for one more Virginian so that I can run them back to back as they usually were run. Now I need more decoders. So these Bachmann locomotives are still out there if you search for them.

Grandpuff (Duke)
Grandpuff

electrical whiz kid

Grandpuff;

I have a couple of New Haven "bricks" and have had some success in running them back-to-back, with one address.  The neat thing, to the best of my knowledge-and I did this some time ago-you have to reverse the motor leads, lest you have a tug-o'-war.  I have mine "draw-barred" when they are operating. 

As much as I love the looks of motors running in operation, I do not have catenary up, so they sit on the shelf.  To me, one of the wisest moves the New Haven receivers made was to buy these units, and one of the stupidest moves McGuiness made was to scrap the EP-3s, etc.  I have a photo of an EP-4 heading a string from the carfloats, going over one of the dozen or so "draws" the New Haven had on the "west end".

RIch C.