News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Questions from new guy

Started by tfowen, February 14, 2007, 04:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfowen

I'm new to G scale RRing. I have had for many years a 4-6-0 Annie for the Christmas tree, but when the grandson came along I bought the 10th anv. edition of the Annie, aristo craft track ect. in order to start construction of a garden RR this spring (we live in GA and spring starts early). I chose Bachmann Locos and rolling stock based on price, quality, and warranty.
My problem#1  is that I sent my older loco in for warranty work in Jan, I have emailed them asking if it was received....no reply; I have tried to call on many occasions can not get a human on the line. #2 is when I bought the new Annie, there were no instructions enclosed, the warranty states that I must maintain and lube as per the instructions for the warranty to be valid. Once again I emailed Bachmann asking for lube instructions and no reply, going to the dealer is not an option because of the distances involved.
Is this normal operating procedure for Bachmann, or should I assume my package did not arrive, and that emails are just not answered promptly?
Can anyone with similiar experiences shed some light on this for me?  :-\

Curmudgeon

Yes.
Many times on this forum (and, as a newcomer you probably haven't seen them), is the LAST option is e-mail.
A few have had success, most have not.
First choice is the non-1-800 number, then FAX, then 1-800, then letter, then e-mail.

TOC

eric

When I sent an engine in for warranty work, I was told to expect to wait 6-8 weeks (varies on work load) for repairs to be completed.  I heard nothing until it appeared about 8 weeks later.  Bachmann seems to operate a little slower than what some people are accustom to today, but they do honor their warranty, which (to me) is the main point.

Curmudgeon nicely summed up what has been posted on this board in the past.

Eric Root

tlnibert

I sent a new 36 ton Shay back last week and I hven't heard from Bachmann.  I called yesterday and tried several phone extentions and never talk to anyone.  It's 10 degrees out this morning, so there isn't much hurry.
Tom

granpab

E-mail that is submitted via "forms" often disappear in cyberspace -- because the programming at the hub is inadequate.

I tried to provide info using the Customer Service "form" and was ignored.
Assuming the cyberspace loss problem, I used my regular e-mail and addressed it to CS@bachmanntrains.com and received a response the next day.  Just make sure you include all the information that has been requeste in the Bachmann Trains form.

My hat's off to Bridget at customer service.  Prompt, thoughtful and concise.

az2rail

Perhap I'm lucky, but Dec 9th, I sent in a shay for repairs [On30]. I mailed it with delivery conformation. Afew days later I looked up the conformation number on the web, and learned that Bachmann received it on the 12th of Dec. I waited until the first of the year, then I called Bachmann to see what was up with the engine. I was able to reach someone who helped me. She told me they had the engine, and repair turn around time was about 6 weeks. No problem. Now I know what is going on. Two or three days later I received a repair number for the engine, and last week it showed up, all nice and working. Almost 6 weeks to the day after they got it.    Thanks Bachmann.

Be patient. It will be ok.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.