News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

photobucket

Started by charon, June 26, 2015, 06:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charon

Bach-man,
Once again I cannot upload a picture I have on photobucket. I have a Microsoft surface tablet computer with Surface RT operating system. Supposedly, this system just doesn't work with photobucket. There seems to be other users here having similar problems. Why can't this forum be set up to accept pix directly from our files? This can be done easily on the other forums I participate on.
Thank you,
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

richardl

Not sure what is happening to you but all I do is copy and paste the IMG file into the body of the message from Photo Bucket.

Rich

rogertra

Quote from: richardl on June 26, 2015, 10:19:50 AM
Not sure what is happening to you but all I do is copy and paste the IMG file from Photo Bucket.

Rich

It's dead simple, not rocket science.

Cheers

Roger T.

JerryB

Chuck:

A little photo storage and handling information:

First, you don't 'upload' from Photobucket (or any other photo storage site. What you do is provide (paste) a link to where the photo is stored ('hosted') on said storage website. That storage could even be your computer system if it is set up as an always on server.

When someone clicks on the photo link, the computer and network actually contact the photo storage site in order to view the photo. The photo is never actually brought into the viewer website.

Next, most free public access websites do not provide picture hosting services. The ones that do provide hosting services typically charge a premium for that service.

There are many reasons for not providing free hosting services, including the huge amount of storage required, the need to have staff to operate and monitor that storage, and the risk of some kind of cyber attack that could quickly overwhelm the site.

The above reasons are why sites like Photobucket, along with numerous others exist. They have the storage, they make money by selling advertising, and they are set up just to provide that specialized service.

As richardl & rogertra wrote, it is really simple once you understand how it works.

Happy (Perfect Picture) RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

charon

Many thanks to all of you for your help. I will proceed using your comments and suggestions.
Happy Bachmanning.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line