I need some help with DCC Locamotive power sync with EZ Command Controller

Started by jayre1965, June 28, 2015, 08:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayre1965

I am new the DCC world......... First - is it possible to set the power values (1-28 speed settings) with the EZ Command Controller? I purchased two twin locomotives and three singles - one twin runs well with the others I have but the other runs on half power at best. These are brand new out box from factory.
Is there a way to rest the power values with the EZ Command Controller?

Thanks

JayRe

jward

it is not possible to speed match locomotives with the basic ez command unit. to do this you will need a full featured dcc system. do you have access to a model railroad club or hobby shop that can reprogram your decoders for you?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

kdgrant6

Jayre,

jward is right: a quick fix is to get someone else to reprogram the decoders.

But depending on your RR plans, you may want to consider another DCC controller to get the full advantage from DCC that you won't be able to get from the EZ Controller, which was intended for a starter system.

If you wish to stay within Bachmann, they make Dynamis.  I can recommend NCE Power Cab, but there are a few other companies with good DCC controllers.

jward

one thing to note here is that most manufacturers entry level dcc systems are upgradeable to a more advanced system. meaning that you can use your entry level system as a controller on that maker's higher end systems. I would love to see the same with Bachmann's system. it would be nice to be able to tell somebody that yes, you can upgrade your system to something that will program your locomotives without having to start over. to do this now with Bachmann, you'd have to get a dynamis which is not compatable with the basic ez command.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jayre1965

Thanks for the intel ... an issue I have already leaned the hard way.

JayRe