News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Whitcomb Sound

Started by JRT, July 14, 2015, 07:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRT

I recently purchased a Whitcomb diesel and sound module.  The diesel runs exceptionally smooth.  However, the engine sound remains the same throughout the entire speed range.  Shouldn't the sound vary with speed?  I've tried changing CV values, but didn't help.

Any suggestions?

JRT

JRT

Mr. Bachmann,

Any comment?  Should I hear definite step changes as I increase the voltage (speed) of the Whitcomb?

Thanks,
JRT

Bucksco

Did you change any of the CVs before installing the sound module? If so you need to remove the sound module and do a reset to factory default settings and then reinstall  the module. If this does not help try calling the service department they can help you troubleshoot it.

JRT

Thanks for the reply.  However, I don't understand it.  I have reset the sound board while the sound board is installed.  How would I reset the sound board if I took it out first?

2nd issue:  The lights blink once in a while, then go off, then come back on.  "Frequently asked Questions" on the Soundtraxx site says this happens when the lights and speed steps are out of sync.  But there is no suggestion on how to fix this issue.  I have the "blinking light" issue on my new 2-4-4-2 also.

Thanks,

JRT
Dazed and Confused

Bucksco

You are not resetting the sound module. In order for it to operate correctly the decoder in the loco must be set to factory default before you install the sound module.

JRT

Thanks, Yardmaster,

I think I understand now.  The club members will be here sometime this weekend, and we'll try to remedy the situation.

JRT