News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-0 mogul

Started by davidone, July 16, 2015, 11:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidone

This sound value 2-6-0 is a great little engine, runs great, looks great. The sound is also great, just enough to make it really interesting.

Great job Bachmann, I'll be buying more Bachmann in the future.

electrical whiz kid

I like them as well; I have three in the "B&M" logo, and will do the others-two "KEY" brass, two "IHC".  I would lean towards a fuller spectrum of sound for the abovementioned four.
The late Jack Parker of "Central Valley" fame, had a 2-8-2 with a re-worked tender-and an aux.  Water tank.
What I plan to do is to take the oil bunkers from the tenders, re-finish the top with either brass or styrene, and dress it up.  His site has a photo of this car, and it blew me away!  One of my favourite roads is the "Northern Pacific" and it was his road.

Rich C.

GN.2-6-8-0

Think you'll find replacing the coal load on the 2-6-0 to be a very simple job .
The coal load simply pops off and making a oil bunker from styrene is a snap,I did mine in an afternoon.
Soon as I get into my computer I'll post some pictures😃
Rocky Lives

GN.2-6-8-0

alright here are a few pictures I took while replacing the coal load with a scratch built oil bunker on my Santa Fe 2-6-0 sound value locomotive.

using a scale rule formed a bunker

heres the tender with coal load removed,just pops off

fitting before painting

found a piece in my junk box for a oil filler and painted....easy peasey
Also had redone the lettering to a more correct Santa Fe look.

Rocky Lives