News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Photos of the Tuscarora RR

Started by Kevin Strong, August 02, 2015, 03:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Strong

A few new photos of the Tuscarora Railroad taken in the late 1910s have come to light.

More photos can be found on my blog, at
http://tuscarorarailroad.blogspot.com

Bachmann makes some very photogenic locomotives.

Later,

K

on30gn15

Hey, those are good. In the looking over the milk cans as she departs photo that tree worked out just right.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

Skarloey Railway

Very impressive. Especially as I recall your RR doesn't cover a lot real estate.

Kevin Strong

On30, the tree is a dwarf Alberta spruce, and is about 2' tall. It's probably about even with the front of the locomotive.

The railroad itself runs the perimeter of the yard, with two reverse loops. The yard is approximately 30' x 65'.

Later,

K

Skarloey Railway

On30? I thought the TRR was 1:20.3

In my memory the Tuscarora RR was basically an oval. I guess it's grown since then. Still, it largely works because it isn't crowded with track.

Kevin Strong

"On30" was reference to On30Gn15, because I had a brain fart and forgot his name. (Sorry, Forrest!)

The TRR is indeed 1:20.3. Here's the track plan as I originally drew it:

There was a small oval railroad when I first moved to the house; it was my "temporary" railroad, and only lasted two years before I tore it out to build this one.

Later,

K

on30gn15

Quote from: Kevin Strong on August 05, 2015, 12:55:44 AM"On30" was reference to On30Gn15, because I had a brain fart and forgot his name. (Sorry, Forrest!)
;D As long as you keep water on the crown sheet you'll be okay.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest