News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Large Scale Spectrum cars?

Started by Chris9017, July 26, 2015, 01:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uscgtanker

bachmann has done a really good job with supplying LS models. The trend of modeling at the moments is of elders and a small percentage of young ones, also the new generation is so technically oriented with cell phones that they never venture farther then a little screen. I see this every time at the east troy trolley, as soon as they get on board the train phones come out and they zone out. So the fact that I see is that these kids are the ones that can keep company's like bachmann running.

What we should be doing besides asking for more fine spectrum models, Is also to have the base of modelers that are interested in the scale and the hobby. Every year for the last 7-8 years at our local high school for breakfast with Santa. A group of modelers and myself put up a train display with Ho scale and a small demo of other scales. Get the interest of our next gens and the market will return.

Modeling is a better hobby then watching a screen and you get more out of it. As much as i'd like to see more lovely spec cars it's a two way street, we have to supply the demand and bachmann will supply the models.

tomplatten

At this point, I am content to stick with the Big Hauler cars. They work well with Delton and LGB!

Chuck N

I like 1:20.3,  I have a lot of 1:22.5/24.  The hobby to grow needs both.

Chuck