wiring n ez track turntable switch without using dcc system

Started by pjrhodes, July 27, 2015, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrhodes

I recently purchased the n ez turntable. It has instructions for hookup with dc using a bachmann powerpak and for installing a decoder and usng it with dcc.  I have an nce dcc system. I would like to use the switch that comes with the turntable, but use dcc for the trains.  How do i power the switch?  Ac, dc, or track dcc power?

pjrhodes

I have it figured out now.  There are only two ways to power the turntable.  Use another separate dc power pak and controller just for the turntable or install the decoder to use with the dcc system.  The decoder is cheaper than buying a dc power pak and trying to find a place to put it. So I ordered the  decoder and will run it off my nce dcc system the way it was intended to be used.

Mike C

If it just needs DC power a cheap 12 v wall wart would work too maybe.....?

pjrhodes

What voltage is the bachmann dc power pak/controller.?

kewatin

did you not mention in an earlier post you use a nce power cab, why not just order the decoder which you have 2 choices and wire in the decoder to the dcc ready turntable and program the decoder with an address like a locomotive .sweet simple and easy& cheapest way to do it.if you use the on line store and look up options &turntable it gives you the 2 choices of decoder to use with part numbers.
regards&later kewatin                                   

pjrhodes

Yes, that is what i decided to do.  I ordered a decoder to put in the turntable.  It is the cheapest way for me and controlling it will be just as easy

plas man

you could always fit a dual DCC/Analogue de-coder and have the best of both , Bachmann do this type of de-coder .