News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Tsunami decoders

Started by richardl, July 15, 2015, 11:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardl

Since Bachmann uses Soundtraxx decoders, hope this will stay up.
They have a new line. Econamiā„¢ Digital Sound Decoders

Rather than trolling and giving an opinion I will suggest going to the SoundTraxx site and see what Soundtraxx says. You might find something you need.

Rich

richardl

First batch went out July 27th. Another batch next month if anyone is interested in this new economy decoder.
I have been watching the Yahoo SoundTraxx Group. Does look interesting.

Rich

connerscold

Thanks for your share your feelings!! :)Actually i am new to this forum not sure how to start do you have any tips?

richardl

I just found this report in another forum. By the user.
I would not hesitate ordering but not doing DCC anymore.
Not having used them, no opinions.
Since Bachmann uses SoundTraxx decoders, some here might be interested.
Shop around for prices and cost of shipping.

The ECO-100 is smaller (27 x 10.5 x 5mm) Tsunami Micro sister. One of the nice things about this decoder is its easy programming and the newly added auxiliary FX 3 and 4 outputs. The Tsunami Micro only had the front and rear light outputs so generally an additional function decoder was needed to animate custom lighting. Included sounds are similar but the fireman Fred sounds are mostly gone. There is a watering sound sequence and a whistle road crossing sequence that is always welcome. Loco sounds are still there and add a lot of variety. The really nice thing is that there are multiple loco types within a single decoder so one decoder can be used from a 4-4-0 on up to an articulated. The Steam decoder has 16 whistles to choose from. Use of the on board equalizer is the same as the Tsunami so the overall sound can be tailored to individual taste. This decoder fixes the start, mid and high volts settings and now has the usual CVs 2, 5 & 6 to custom tailor the motor response. Driver chuff sync is a bit challenging but for N Scale steam. DDE is also similar to the Tsunami Micro.
The decoder continues the Soundtraxx tradition of a solid wired sound decoder now at a very reasonable price structure. The price is a keeper at MSRP 79.95.

Rich