Allied Model Trains (Closed)

Started by NarrowMinded, August 04, 2015, 10:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NarrowMinded

Its a sad day.

I've been busy with other things so I havent been by the train shop in a couple months, I found out today after 69 years in business Allied Model trains has closed its doors for good.

I bought from them as much as possible because I liked supporting people
In my hobby unfortunatly its had for a Brick & mortar shop to stay in business anymore.

Nm-Jeff

BIG BEAR

Jeff,

Where is/was this business located. City or Town, State, Country?
Curiously waiting,
  Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

ebtnut

Probably the one in Bensalem, PA, just north of Philly.

Mdaskalos

Quote from: ebtnut on August 05, 2015, 02:49:45 PM
Probably the one in Bensalem, PA, just north of Philly.

Perhaps not. From alliedmodeltrains.com:

>>>Dispatched from Allied Model Trains, Culver City, California

>>>July 7, 2015

>>>It's with great sadness we send this message to our friends, customers and vendors.

>>>As of today July 07, 2015, we are closed. Due to circumstances beyond our control, the stockholders had to close and declare insolvency.

>>>We had sixty-nine wonderful years and we are sorry the journey has to end.

>>>All of us at Allied Model Trains, Nick, Fred, George, Karie, Sam, and Dave thank you for all the years of support.

>>>Allied Model Trains

RAM

I is sad.  Hobby shops are getting few and far between.  Are town lost ours five to seven years ago.  I think the last one in Tulsa, 50 + miles away, closed.  Now I think the you need to go to Oklahoma City. 

NarrowMinded

Oh sorry,

It was the one in Culver City California,

It was one of the worlds.biggest shops unti 2007 when they down sized and moved across the street from the original bldg.

NM-Jeff

You can actually take a tour of the shop on google maps
https://www.google.com/maps/search/allied+model+trains/data=!4m2!2m1!4b1?hl=en-US&nogmmr=1