STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2017, 04:20:36 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 60 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 196138 times)
Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: September 12, 2017, 12:07:10 PM »

I am also wondering why Skarloey and the red coaches aren't back in stock...it's been almost a year now and they haven't shown up anywhere. I was lucky enough to pick up one of each of the red coaches at the train show in Orlando last month, but I'd love to have 2 or 3 more composite coaches and Skarloey has been on my list since he came out. Adding to this, Rheneas was not released at the end of August like the reps at the train show said, so I'm wondering what the heck is going on over at the Thomas sector of Bachmann. Any ideas?

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
Plow Bender

If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it...

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 22, 2017, 08:31:01 PM »

I am also wondering why Skarloey and the red coaches aren't back in stock...it's been almost a year now and they haven't shown up anywhere. I was lucky enough to pick up one of each of the red coaches at the train show in Orlando last month, but I'd love to have 2 or 3 more composite coaches and Skarloey has been on my list since he came out. Adding to this, Rheneas was not released at the end of August like the reps at the train show said, so I'm wondering what the heck is going on over at the Thomas sector of Bachmann. Any ideas?

Personally I'd recommend you either get Rheneas when he first comes out or better yet, preorder if you haven't already.  I think preordering is the best option because at least that way you have a better chance of getting Rheneas when he's released.  I'm kind of in the same boat as you are with Skarloey.  I didn't get the model when it first came out, and now I'm waiting for one of the retailers I buy from to get him back in stock again.  I'm at least hoping they'll have him available again in time for Christmas, but with the holiday rush and all, I bet the stock won't last long.  I'd recommend preordering any of the HOn30 engines you want when and if they're announced.

I'm sure many know this already, but the reason Bachmann has such a big supply and demand issue with Skarloey (and Rheneas when he's released) is because they are the first ready to run HOn30/009 models.  For years the only option for narrow gauge engines was going out and buying kits to make your own.  From what I've seen, many people are going out and buying Skarloey and Rheneas just to make their Talyllyn counterparts.  It's a lot easier for someone to just go out and buy Skarloey (already with a working chassis) and convert him, but its also irritating when you're a serious collector who just wants a Bachmann Skarloey.  Either way, it's pretty much a snooze you lose deal like it or not.

Rusty on the other hand may not be as hard to get as Skarloey and Rheneas.  I say this because his CGI render looks nothing like his Talyllyn counterpart, and therefore people using the Bachmann models for their Talyllyn conversions may not bother with altering him.  Then again, you've got the diehard kitbashers out there who would probably reuse the model in any way they can.  Either way, I'd recommend preordering Rusty in the near future if you can as well.

-Rusty

"Difficult things take time.  Impossible things take a little longer."
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 25, 2017, 05:43:45 PM »

I have a bad feeling that Season 21 is going to be the last decent season, because this upcoming "Big World" thing is actually NOT a spinoff, but it's replacing the actual show.

Oh boy... I can't imagine how unrealistic it's going to be. I bet my bottom dollar that the engines will bounce more than ever. With how bad the recent specials have been, with Lost Treasure being the last decent one, and how Wooden Railway has been downgraded to Thomas Wood, I think Mattel is starting to RUIN Thomas. They don't listen to us, because we're not the target audience.

I don't think we'll have a good special again. Sad

Last year, everyone let Mattel get away with that pointless bridge jump scene from The Great Race, and now we've got bouncing engines. Is Mattel trying to make Thomas like Chuggington? I'm REALLY feeling concerned about the future of the series.
TheWinnerGuyCJP

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 02, 2017, 08:00:06 PM »

Still waiting for James to be back in stock so we can see the re-paint.
Plow Bender

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 02, 2017, 08:26:19 PM »

Still waiting for James to be back in stock so we can see the re-paint.

-Rusty

Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 02, 2017, 10:27:06 PM »

Spouting memes isn't going to change the fact that it was confirmed on the forum that it was supposed to happen, but didn't due to a mis-communication with China.
Plow Bender

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 03, 2017, 09:31:30 AM »

Spouting memes isn't going to change the fact that it was confirmed on the forum that it was supposed to happen, but didn't due to a mis-communication with China.

This is new information to me as I never heard any of this.  Well then, now that we've got that straightened out, show me where on here that someone from Bachmann Industries legitimately says what you just stated in your post.  I'd love to see this for myself as well.

-Rusty

Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 03, 2017, 09:43:17 AM »

ok

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,29694.msg219432.html#msg219432
Sorry, the repainted James is not going to happen for a few years. We sent new artwork to our factory, but the factory sent us a two years' supply of James locomotives without using the new artwork.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 03, 2017, 08:34:18 PM »

A lot of you seem to keep forgetting a post regarding this during the NMRA in 2015.

He (Doug Blaine) also said that it is not a safe bet to talk about James being redone in 2017 since things change in production (since this was originally due in 2015 but was put off til later).  I think it is best that it is best to wait until photos of the model itself are revealed to confirm the changes, since revisions usually come in unannounced.  

I would really hate to see you guys get your hopes over nothing since when the Thomas model came back in the new packaging there were no changes made to the model whatsoever.  The same will probably happen with Percy and James too.  Production changes occur regularly with Bachmann, so this wouldn't anything new.  Especially when this was originally planned for 2015 but was supposedly pushed two years.  What if it gets pushed back another two more or, more likely than not, not even bother?

Even if they really do go with the revision is that really enough to do justice to buy the model?  Yes it would be nice and all but it's not going to win everyone over since most people wouldn't care and those that did made the modifications themselves.  Plus it doesn't change the fact that the James model would still likely have the poor face, the incredibly light/poor motor, even looking ridiculously tall compared to other engines like Gordon or Edward.  It's not that much more different than the complaints about the Rosie models livery.  Again, a nice change but won't change the fact that it's still not a good model.

Don't count your eggs until they actually hatch.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 08:37:06 PM by Chaz » Logged
Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 03, 2017, 09:28:51 PM »

Plus it doesn't change the fact that the James model would still likely have the poor face, the incredibly light/poor motor, even looking ridiculously tall compared to other engines like Gordon or Edward.  It's not that much more different than the complaints about the Rosie models livery.  Again, a nice change but won't change the fact that it's still not a good model.

Don't count your eggs until they actually hatch.
Curious what you think makes Rosie "not a good model," other than the fact that you don't like her as a character. I'm confused by the comparison of her model to James's, seeing as both aesthetically (based on the TVS render/model pre-repaint) and mechanically she is far superior. Is it really anything more than a personal bias? Just wondering.

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
Plow Bender

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 04, 2017, 12:23:41 AM »

Well considering this revised James statement came from Bachmann Industries rather than just some noob here on the forum, I can honestly agree it holds a little more truth than something just slapped up on YouTube like an interview video.  *cough, cough*

However, I'm still not entirely convinced that we're supposedly getting a revised James.  I have to agree with Chaz on this.  The James model has far bigger problems than just the gray wheels and the unpainted bit on the smokebox.  Bachmann has come a long way since the release of their first 3 engines, and when you take a look at models then vs. now, there's simply no contest.  I too do not see where a couple alterations is going to be much of an improvement for James, or any of the models for that matter.  The best way to fix the issues in question is to just scrap the old tooling and make a new one.  Unfortunately I'm probably just throwing fuel on the fire by even saying that...

In response to Mr. Griffin as well, I believe Chaz was referring to both Rosie and James not being good models.  Rosie does in fact hold quite a few negatives with her Bachmann model, but that somewhat depends on who you are and how particular you want to be.  Personally I feel Oliver can be thrown in there as well, but that's just my opinion.  Then again, I haven't even touched a piece of Bachmann HO Thomas & Friends stock in over 5 years, so my thoughts on new arrivals are a case of I calls 'em as I sees 'em.  No need to start raging at me for having an opinion...

-Rusty

Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 04, 2017, 12:55:36 AM »

I expect them to simply repaint James' proper parts black and call it a day because I have zero faith in Bachmann actually making new models of Thomas, Percy and James after nearly 8 years of pointing out the flaws with the first three engines and getting no real results from the criticism.

After awhile, you learn what they listen to and what they don't listen to.
TheWinnerGuyCJP

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 04, 2017, 06:57:36 PM »

Honestly, I can't stand the hate on the James, Percy, Thomas, Diesel, Rosie, Arry, Bert, & Oliver (Doubt these models were hated though).

Note that Hornby had flaws as well.

I know Hornby's Diesel has a better face, but the color is off to me, besides, The chassis is not accurate.
Not to mention their Arry & Bert models are just Splatter & Dodge in disguise.
Hornby models in general are out of proportion.
Hornby Oliver's handrails go into his head.
Hornby never done Rosie (Obviously).
And Hornby is too lazy to re-release anymore engines.

WHY CARE ABOUT THE FACE, GRAY WHEELS, & RED SMOKEBOX SADDLE ON JAMES?
Besides, NO.  ONE'S.  PERFECT!
If you want a better face for James, BTW, Sculpt a classic Smile face of him with holes to keep the moving eye mechanism, same goes for Percy & Thomas.

Also, #BringBackSalty

Besides, it's either Bachmann James, or no James at all.
You could buy a hornby James, but remember, he's out of proportion.
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 04, 2017, 08:25:07 PM »

WHY CARE ABOUT THE FACE, GRAY WHEELS, & RED SMOKEBOX SADDLE ON JAMES?
People who care about accuracy in the product they're buying do.

Besides, NO.  ONE'S.  PERFECT!
This is a commercial product, not another human being.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 05, 2017, 08:34:20 PM »

Let's change this redundant topic, for goodness sake...

If we were to get a diesel with a new tooling, I think Den has a much higher chance than Norman, because Den has had significantly more speaking roles, merchandise, and even his own episode.

Norman RARELY speaks. The Great Race was his first speaking role since Season 17. Norman has had less than 10 lines in all his roles combined. He still has yet to have his own episode. Even Sidney has been making significantly more appearances and speaking roles lately, and at least he actually had HIS own episode. Norman's overall merchandise is pitiful. Only two models ever made so far; both discontinued.

Of course, if Bachmann eventually does announce Den, they can always announce Dart a year later. I know Hornby made Dart, but they never made Den.

I'd definitely pick Den over Philip any day, since he's a much more likeable character. Like the Class 08s, Den also has outside-frame siderods, but that's not too hard.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 60 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: