News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

So, what happened to the 2-8-2?

Started by rogertra, August 29, 2015, 03:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Subject line say's it all Mr. B.  The 2-8-2 seems to have slipped from the radar.

The only new release I was looking forward to.

Cheers

Roger T.

RAM

Well they had already made the announcement, so there was no need to announce it again.     

rogertra

Quote from: RAM on August 29, 2015, 11:24:21 PM
Well they had already made the announcement, so there was no need to announce it again.     

Why isn't it in the publicity then?

You'd think they wouldn't pass that up.

Cheers

Roger T.

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

Quote from: rogertra on August 30, 2015, 12:01:32 AM

Cheers

Roger T.

That is because they announced the USRA 2-8-2 at the NMRA show LAST YEAR. And if I am correct it is also listed in the 2015 Bachmann catalog. In other words, it has been common knowledge to everyone. The models just haven't released yet.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
There are Mikado samples on display and running at the show.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

rogertra

Quote from: MilwaukeeRoadfan261 on August 30, 2015, 12:56:12 AM
Quote from: rogertra on August 30, 2015, 12:01:32 AM

Cheers

Roger T.

That is because they announced the USRA 2-8-2 at the NMRA show LAST YEAR. And if I am correct it is also listed in the 2015 Bachmann catalog. In other words, it has been common knowledge to everyone. The models just haven't released yet.

Only photos I've seen are pre-production models.  I was hoping for photos of production models.

Cheers

Roger T.

electrical whiz kid

Roger;
Have you looked in "Model Railroader" or "RMC"  (I forget which one...) this month?  Dey's dere!  In full living (grey) colour.
RIch

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

Quote from: electrical whiz kid on August 30, 2015, 09:14:15 AM
Roger;
Have you looked in "Model Railroader" or "RMC"  (I forget which one...) this month?  Dey's dere!  In full living (grey) colour.
RIch

Or you could check out the Bachmann Trains Facebook page to see a video of one of the sound value versions running and there is another thread on the forums here with pictures of one of the painted production samples and a picture of the Southern 4501 version at the NMRA show this weekend on the Bachmann facebook page.

rogertra

Roger;
RIch

Not yet but I'd have expected to see photos of production models on this site.

Cheers

Roger T.

rogertra

Quote from: MilwaukeeRoadfan261 on August 30, 2015, 11:06:30 AM
Roger;
RIch

Or you could check out the Bachmann Trains Facebook page to see a video of one of the sound value versions running and there is another thread on the forums here with pictures of one of the painted production samples and a picture of the Southern 4501 version at the NMRA show this weekend on the Bachmann facebook page.

Don't subscribe to the Bachmann Facebook page but as I said in another post, I expected to see photos here.

Cheers

Roger T.

ryeguyisme

Quote from: rogertra on August 30, 2015, 01:13:04 PM

Don't subscribe to the Bachmann Facebook page but as I said in another post, I expected to see photos here.

Cheers

Roger T.

You don't need a facebook, or a subscription to see Bachmann's posts on Facebook, just an FYI

There is a lot of exclusive content on manufacturers' Facebook pages that aren't posted any where else.

richardl

Quote from: ryeguyisme on September 01, 2015, 08:40:13 PM
Quote from: rogertra on August 30, 2015, 01:13:04 PM

Cheers

Roger T.

You don't need a facebook, or a subscription to see Bachmann's posts on Facebook, just an FYI

There is a lot of exclusive content on manufacturers' Facebook pages that aren't posted any where else.

Yeah. I thought that was common knowledge. I have been watching it since it has been up and not logged into FB at the time.

Rich

ryeguyisme

I am however eagerly anticipating this Bachmann USRA Mikado release for the amount of kitbashing opportunities I have planned in the near future. So count me in. I still buy the 2-6-6-2's and 2-10-2's regularly for projects.

jonathan

I was one of those folks unaware you could look at Facebook without an account.  Was happy to watch the USRA Mike video!

I have collected some brass detail parts, and am joyfully anticipating superdetail work on this loco.  Hopefully we'll see some Mikes by the big October train shows. If I manage to get one, I will, of course, be posting photos when I disassemble and trick out the Mike.

Hangin' in there!

Regards,

Jonathan

Bucksco

They should arrive in our warehouse within the month.