News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Upcoming 2-6-0s

Started by vaderdentist, August 31, 2015, 04:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaderdentist

Any production sample photos of the new 2-6-0's that are supposed to release in December?  I'm particularly interested in the Grizzly Flats Emma Nevada!  :)

Chris9017

And I just pre-ordered my Denver & Rio Grande model from Train World Online, and am very excited about recieving it.   

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Yardmaster, Inside Track or Bach man,

Do any of you know of any actual production photos??

Thanks Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Bucksco

Nothing available yet (that we want to release). As soon as anything is available we will post it here.

Loco Bill Canelos

Thanks Yardmaster,

Can't wait to see them!!

Bill

spdavie

Well... I was hoping to see the 2-6-0 before the end of this year, but I just checked Walthers site and it's showing April of 2016. I hope Walthers is wrong... is it?

Dave

Tony Walsham

I need a new demo loco so these will be of interest.
My only wish is they have at least one modernised version.  Road name does not matter.
As nice as the old timers are, they do not interest me at all.
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

Chris9017

They should hopefully be out by Christmas according to Trainworld Online.

Don Gilham

Does anyone have a picture of this upcoming beast ?

Disregard that - just seen it on Train World Online - it's the old Mogul re-done, shame because I was hoping for something new  :'( 

But what I do find a bit odd, is that there is no mention of metal gears ?  So the age-old problem will still exist - stripped gears, and for us that are not 100% adept at dismantling valve-gear and wheelsets (especially on the Conso !!!) another useless loco.

Bucksco

The 2-6-0s will have metal gears and upgraded electronics. They will be shipping in the Spring.

Don Gilham

Wonderful news, thanks :)  Is there any chance of the Conso being re-done with metal gears - or maybe just the chassis ?  I have two that are completely redundant (they look great, but that's about it  ;D )

Bucksco

No plans to reissue the consolidation at this time. Replacement gears (metal) are available from the service department from time to time.

Don Gilham

I have some, but . . . . . . . .   :o

Loco Bill Canelos

Don,

The repair is not as tough as you think.  Put it on a white surface or cloth. Carefully remove the parts and photograph each step.  As you go put the parts in plastic bags marking what they are and numbering them.  The procedure is basically the same as the 2-6-0, but your Connie's do have sprung axles, and you will have to be careful not to lose the springs.  The springs can be a pain to get back in, but doing it while you are fresh will usual;ly do the trick.
Reinstall the parts in reverse order and you should be good to go.  It is still a great Loco and a great runner with new gears installed. 

Since they usually have the parts for repair, you may wish to send them in for warranty repair,  Call service to check before send them in to be sure they can do the work.

Bill