News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Upcoming 2-6-0s

Started by vaderdentist, August 31, 2015, 04:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Gilham

Thanks Bill - and, I would think, a big thank you to you from all on the Forum for your help  :)

Age and dexterity (dexterity mostly) would preclude such a repair for me, but I would gladly send it to Bachmann and pay for them to do it.  The trouble is, I am in the UK (where I bought the locos)

So a question for "Bacchy" - do Bachmann UK do the necessary repairs ?

Bucksco

No "Gilly" they do not repair Bachmann U.S. products. Perhaps you could find a local dealer in your area that could do a repair for you.

Don Gilham

Thanks Yardy  ;D  I would have thought that as they sell the product, they would give support for it as well.  Not a very goiod service as far as I can see.

Bucksco

Bachmann U.K. and Bachmann U.S. do not sell each other's products. If you purchased it in the U.K. it must have been imported by a hobby distributor. In the same vein Bachmann U.S. does not sell or service Bachmann U.K. products. Two separate companies.....

Don Gilham

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... light bulb - ON   :)

Now I understand, thanks :)

Loco Bill Canelos

Don,

Guess we are lucky here in the U.S. to have a gear warranty and a great repair department.  Still all is not lost, surely you have a local model railway club, perhaps there is some one in the club who  can do a repair for you.   Here in Denver where I live there is a hobby store which has a repair shop and will repair almost any train, maybe some shop in the U.K. or Germany could do your repair. 

I love the Connie, and I must admit they look good even standing still on the layout, none the less I  do hope you can find someone to do the repair.

Good luck,

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Don Gilham

Thanks Bill - you make railway (railroad) modelling a pleasure :)

Hmmm...tried to upload a picture, only 45 kb, and it says the uploader is full ?

Loco Bill Canelos

Don,

You can't upload a picture directly, You must first put he picture in something like Photobucket or a similar photo storing program and then paste the link into you message on the Bachmann site.  I use photobucket and it works fine. 

I was once told the photo uploader directly to the site caused problems due to hackers getting in. 

Bill

Don Gilham

Thanks again Bill - just to show the folks that I do have a railway :)

Loco Bill Canelos

Don,

Glad it worked, great pics loved the backdrop.

Bill

Don Gilham

Took a bit of getting used to Bill - thanks for the comment :)

Indoors, a photoreal backdrop does it every time for me - except where it's not possible :)

I've changed the tender body on the Annie.

(The railway does eventually go out to the garden)

Loco Bill Canelos

Quite a stable of U.S. Bachmann Loco's.  Nice job on the painting, weathering, lettering and modifications.

Don Gilham

Don Gilham

Quote from: Yardmaster on November 20, 2015, 08:40:00 AM
Bachmann U.K. and Bachmann U.S. do not sell each other's products. If you purchased it in the U.K. it must have been imported by a hobby distributor. In the same vein Bachmann U.S. does not sell or service Bachmann U.K. products. Two separate companies.....

I hate to disagree, Yardmaster, but please click on this link :

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/prod1.php?prod_selected=americanls&prod=1

So surely they should offer to repair locos - I am not talking about under warranty, I would gladly pay to get the repair done (ie the replacement metal gears for the Conso)

Loco Bill Canelos

Don,

Step back and think about things, I know you are upset about repairs to your Connie, but..............

Seems to me you are picking a fight with Bachmann U.S.  when you should be picking a fight with Bachmann U.K.  It  seems that Bachmann U.K. does import at least some U.S. products, information perhaps not available to Yardmaster since Bachmann U.K. is a separate  company.   Bachmann U.K. does offer a repair service!!!

In my mind you should get into immediate contact with Bachmann U.K. and find out if in the past they sold Connies in the U.K.   If so then I would avail myself of their repair services, which are detailed in the following link on their website:

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/service/s_charge.php

If they will not help you, then by all means take up your issues with Bachmann U.K.  and avail yourself of any consumer protections the U.K. might offer.   It does not seem right to me to blame Bachmann U.S. since you could at your expense send your Connies here to the U.S. for repairs under the  current charges offered buy Bachmann U.S.
The Bachmann U.K. repair option seems to be similar in most part to the U.S. repair option, assuming they sold Connies in the past in the U.K.

If Bachmann U.K. cannot repair your Connies, I feel sure you can get help from a local club or group, Bachmann U.K. seems to offer a great bit of help finding a local club right on their web site:

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/clubs/clubs.php

Keep Calm and Railroad On, help is available closer to home than you may think.

Good luck with your repairs!!

Loco Bill