News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Upcoming 2-6-0s

Started by vaderdentist, August 31, 2015, 04:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Gilham

Please don't get me wrong Bill - but it's just that when I am told something, and find that it's not quite right, I have to question it :)

EDIT :  That is a brilliant link you sent, Bill - thanks so much.  I have a feeling that my problems may be solved.  The strength of feeling that may come across, is because I think the Conso is one of the very best models produced - ever.  And, as you can tell from my photos, I am a HUGE fan of Bachmann U.S.  :)

Bucksco

Not too proud to admit when I am wrong. Wasn't aware that Bachmann U.K. sell our products - albeit in a more limited form. I work for Bachmann U.S. where we do not sell or distribute Bachmann U.K. products. I seriously doubt that they would be able to service our products though. Production runs are done for Bachmann U.S. and the parts are shipped to the U.S.

Don Gilham

You are a Gentleman and a Schlolar (as we say over here) Yardmaster - thank you.  And please don't think I was having a go at Bachmann U S - they are the ones who have me embroiled in this superb hobby, following US Narrow Gauge :)

Loco Bill Canelos

Don,

While I have no problem questioning things, I do try to give the benefit of the doubt when a person is doing their best with the knowledge and understanding they have about a topic.  I know in my own case I have made statements on this forum that have turned out to be wrong even though I thought I had the correct information.  I do hope forum members who saw this at least understood that I was doing my best with the information available.  I try, but like most I do make mistakes even if in good faith.

I took a little time to look at the link to the clubs in the U.K.   I am amazed at the number of clubs you have compared to the U.S.  Seems like there must be a club every 20 miles in every direction.  I* have no doubt after looking at the lists you can find one who can help you repair your Connies even if you have to send to the U.S. for the gears.

Again, good luck with your repairs.   Where there is a will there is a way!!!  The Bachmann site in the U.K. is very interesting and they make a few Items I wish were available in Large Scale here in the U.S.  

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Don Gilham

Gentleman and Scholar applies to you, too, Bill :)

spdavie

I did a search to see if there was any new info on the upcoming Spectrum 2-6-0's. I was led to the Bachmann store...Low and behold there are now actual pictures of the models and HOLY WOW do they look GREAT!! The Emma Neveda is amazing and Bachmann even put the air pump on the correct side. Are they still on target for a April delivery?

Dave

Tony Walsham

One lives in hope Bachmann will get with it and make some modernised versions.
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

bob kaplan

I will second that a third and forth time! ;D

Chris9017

Now I am even more excited about my purchase of the D&RGW 15, it looks GORGEOUS!!!!!!  WOW!!!!!!  Well done Bachmann!!!

Mark Oles

Wow!

All three models look fantastic!! I didn't expect the horizontal bar pilot on the E&P version!  I still love that Grizzly Flats RR version.

Chris9017

Any updates on when we should expect the new Moguls?

Bucksco

tac

In support of Bachmann UK, not only was every one of my seven LS Spectrum logging locomotives bought right here in UK, but the replacement metal gear set for my non-logging Connie also came from Hinkley, Bachmann UK's headquarters.

Nothing else, mind, but at least they had what I really needed at the time.

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS
POCRR Extension of the OML

Chris9017

Ironically the coaches to the Moguls were announced a year later, and they are out before the Moguls themselves, and are being sold at online stores.   I already have 2 coaches on order and can't wait to receive them.  I sure hope the Moguls become available soon. ;)

Mark Oles

I saw the Grizzly Flats coach and combine with the pre-production model at the ECLSTS.  Beautiful set.  I may have to add it to our roster.