News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann's trend setting approach to n scale

Started by kewatin, September 20, 2015, 02:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kewatin

looking at my new k4 i suddenly realized that bachmann released this loco a few yrs back in HO scale and it would appear that most product they have or are doing in n scale has been in most cases done by them in ho scale.i started going back thru old catalogs but the answer to my question was sitting right their on their  ho parts catalog that is on line at their website.if i am correct in my thinking this bodes well for continued releases &support from bachmann regarding n scale.i am sure i am not the only rail hobbyist whom is aware of this.examples are 2-8-0,4-8-4,2-6-0,4-6-0 ,EM1yellowstone,2-6-6-2 mallet,berkshire ,2-10-2,both mountains heavy&light etc. the ho crowd has them and so do we.now that it would appear they have dropped the SPECTRUM LINE & offer dcc &sound only as way to the future i can see them revisiting the 2-8-0,heavy mountain&EM1 as they already have holes drilled in the tender base for future sound installation.the future possabilities for release are 3 truck shay=ho version already has dcc &sound ,many versions of the 4-8-4 northerns  streamlined and otherwise.i would like to see their 2-10-4 which i never knew they made.also they could do the modern 4-4-0 richmond as bachmann does small locos really well.their past release of their chinese 2-8-2 mikado is also a good looking engine  that they they did a few yrs back.in closing i would say that the future looks goodboth for support&new product.the reviews i am reading regarding the k4 pacific are outstanding and some say have surpassed kato's mike which is supposed to be the benchmark for others to follow.well in my estimation BACHMANN has long passed that threshold with their 2-8-0,etc.the downside to this is i now must add a booster as i can only safely run 3 sound equipped locos with dcc&sound,6 with strait dcc.but thats my problem &the fact i am running out of yrs waiting for new product.so come on MR BACHMANN keep the 2 loco release program coming,you are the new dominant player.KUDOS AND MANY THANKS
REGARDS&LATER KEWATIN