News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Broken DCC controller?

Started by rifkin, October 27, 2015, 04:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rifkin

I have a bachmann ex command dcc controller. I have a bunch of random cars and a single dcc locomotive that came with the set and a bunch of track. I had just reconfigured my track and plugged the ez command back in and the red light flashed, it made a clicking like sound, and i unplugged it. I removed the train from the tracks and plugged it in again and got nothing.

What happened? Is it broken? I don't think the train was shorted, i had just railed it. My track modifications included moving my 4 turn outs and adding some elevated track.

Any ideas?

rifkin

I actually hit an off switch on the bottom of the controller that i didn't even know existed. I guess my track is/was shorting out due to my new layout. I am new to the turn outs and this is maybe my 3rd configuration involving them. I am guessing they are the culprits due to crossing inside / outside rail. Is that correct? What are the rules / tips for using turn outs in order to avoid this?

Hunt

Research -- wiring a reverse loop dcc

ACY

Your arrangements of turnouts is resulting in a short circuit dye to creating a reversing section or reversing loop. You must either configure your track in a different manner to eliminate this or isolate the reversing section or loop and utilize an automatic reversing module or toggle switches to change block polarity as needed.