Any suggestions for Bachmann's future models?

Started by alco9000fan, September 03, 2015, 04:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainman203

That's some beautiful stuff Wayne.  I really like the green paint.  It's lighter than regular Pullman green and photographs well.

I ordered a palace combine kit from eBay a while ago.

Really off topic .... But really good pictures and information.

Len

I really think the title of this thread needs to be changed to "Loco and Car Bashes & Super Detailing". ;D ;D

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Len

I don't mind the wandering, there's a lot of good information folks might find very useful for their own projects. I'm just not sure they'll think to look in a "futur models" thread to find it.

Len

jbrock27

Frankly, I think less and less people are having the thought or taking the time, to even look for an answer to their question, research, etc. before just posting their question.  For example, how many times have we seen the question posed, in one form or another; "Which is better, steel or nickel silver track?"  You gonna tell me, that subject is not out on the Internet ad nauseum and easily found after a few seconds of searching ???
Keep Calm and Carry On

electrical whiz kid

Sure, Jim;
it is out there in a lot of places; however, people are going to remain people with their peculiarities. 
Added to that, a lot of new people-some wouldn't off-hand know where to look.  This is a start for them.  Hey; you live up around Pittsfield, don't you?

I finally found a source for the NYC-type tender trucks I was looking for.  It is interesting; one of the 2-6-6-2s I bought had a tender that had them on it.  I looked here in 'parts' and nada!  Cest live.  They (Bachmann) did have the Pennsy tender shells I wanted.  I find these to be an ideal length for my 2-8-0s.   I think it was here I first saw the term "Prototypical Freelancing"; I think I might fall into that category...  This is becoming a really fun project-but I really have to start laying track on the layout...

By the way, what is better-steel or nickel silver?...

Rich C.

Trainman203

the other question is, why won't my EM 1 run on 12" radius curves?  :o :D

Len

Quote from: Trainman203 on October 27, 2015, 10:10:03 AM
the other question is, why won't my EM 1 run on 12" radius curves?  :o :D

Not a gradual enough transition curve on the entry?  ;D

Len

jbrock27

Quote from: electrical whiz kid on October 27, 2015, 07:20:58 AM
Sure, Jim;
...people are going to remain people with their peculiarities.

Rich C.

Agree w/you 100% Mr. C.

Hey; you live up around Pittsfield, don't you?

Rich C.

Reason for this question?

This is a start for them.  

Rich C.

A better start would be to do some research first, but they won't, bc sadly and unfortunately, a lot of people are too lazy and don't do any research and would just as soon rely on someone else to feed them the answer as this is what they have become accustomed to, IMO.
Keep Calm and Carry On

electrical whiz kid

A better start would be to do some research first, but they won't, bc sadly and unfortunately, a lot of people are too lazy and don't do any research and would just as soon rely on someone else to feed them the answer as this is what they have become accustomed to, IMO.

Hey, just like in the English Lit. tests.  When you did all the work studying, and the jock who was out partying is looking over your shoulder...  Ya can't win hardly at all, hey!!!

On Pittsfield:  I was just curious.  I'm not gonna follow you home or anything.
Actually, I was wondering if you knew anything about the craftsman show this year; considering that the last one I went to was in your neck of the woods.

Rich C.

jbrock27

Quote from: electrical whiz kid on October 27, 2015, 01:43:33 PM
...and the jock who was out partying is looking over your shoulder...

Rich C.

Hey, FYI, I was one of those in HS and college (w/o the partying in HS ;)) and I studied and never did that.  And no one had any luck when they tried that nonsense with me :D

Re: Other things; PM me.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Bucksco

This thread has pretty much run it's course so....