EZ command quits after a couple of years

Started by errolflynn737, October 01, 2015, 02:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

errolflynn737

I really enjoyed my EZ command for a couple of years, but then, one day it just quit working.  The lights come on, but as soon as I assign any of the 1-10 buttons, it shuts down.  I've invested in a Digitrax system now.  I guess the couple of hundred bucks I spent on the EZ command controller and walkaround add on Throttle were worth it, just not sure.
Oregon River Railroad-

richardl

Quote from: errolflynn737 on October 01, 2015, 02:10:01 PM
I really enjoyed my EZ command for a couple of years, but then, one day it just quit working.  The lights come on, but as soon as I assign any of the 1-10 buttons, it shuts down.  I've invested in a Digitrax system now.  I guess the couple of hundred bucks I spent on the EZ command controller and walkaround add on Throttle were worth it, just not sure.

Welcome. Sorry to hear that but you should have come here first and asked for trouble shooting advice.

Rich

errolflynn737

Thanks Rich.   I asked Mr. Bachmann and we tried several reset functions but none cleared the problem.  I'm okay with the couple of years of EZ command.  It worked very well on my 4' x 11' foot switching pike.  I'm building a 12' X 16' layout now with reversing loops, so the Digitrax will work better for that anyway.
Oregon River Railroad-

bapguy

If the walk around companion is still good, you could sell it and the plug in port(s) if you have any. There have been several people looking for the walk around on this forum.
On the reverse loops, make sure the insulated section is longer then the longest train to use them. I recommend DCC Specialties AR as they are electronic. See link below. Joe
  http://tonystrains.com/product/dcc-onguard-og-cb/