News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Arrivals

Started by the Bach-man, October 03, 2015, 10:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainman203

Yardmaster, can you tell us the names of the three whistle choices in the 2-8-2 sound package?  I'm pretty  sure that one will be the B&O three chime.

Bucksco

Have to check on that with the product development director tomorrow and get back to you. I would assume the B&O 3 chime is in there since one of the locos is B&O.

Trainman203

Is there a plan to offer a sound value Frisco 2-8-2?  On the Frisco engine, Is the headlight number plate in the Frisco "coonskin" shape?  Can't tell from the photos.

austrian

Yardmaster, are the pictures of the 2-8-2 locos on the webstore photos of the final products? While the model looks really well made I am  a bit dissapointed not to see a red cab roof and red tender deck on the Pennsy version.

electrical whiz kid

Austrian;
Why not just paint it?

Rich C.

GN.2-6-8-0

Quote from: electrical whiz kid on October 09, 2015, 07:46:01 PM
Austrian;
Why not just paint it?

Rich C.
Some masking tape and Oxide red paint all it takes!
Rocky Lives

austrian

The loco will cost me $ 340 - I prefer not to mess around at this price point as I was not even sucessfull in ordering some paint in railway shades as shipping of paint is considered to dangerous nowadays and refused.
After all there is available a 2-8-2 PRR from another producer that is painted to my taste and I can buy it for similar money.

electrical whiz kid

Austrian;
Check your laws again.  If that were the case, Micro-Mark, et al, wouldn't be advertising them.  As far as painting the deck on a tender and the roof-hey; this isn't rocket science.  Just do it, and save yourself a lot of  trouble.

Rich C. 

Bucksco

You can't please all the people all of the time....

GN.2-6-8-0

Austrian
masking and painting really isn't that difficult,. heres my new Bachmann EM1 that I like you felt the oxide red roof and tender deck would make for a better looking model.
Took aut an hour including masking.i will admit to using my preferred method of using an air brush for better control.still note the OOPS on the trailing truck,since rectified lol

Rocky Lives

austrian

Quote from: electrical whiz kid on October 10, 2015, 08:51:30 AM
Austrian;
Check your laws again.  If that were the case, Micro-Mark, et al, wouldn't be advertising them.  As far as painting the deck on a tender and the roof-hey; this isn't rocket science.  Just do it, and save yourself a lot of  trouble.

Rich C. 

Why should I check the laws again - There is no law in Austria prohibiting it. It is what I was told when I mail ordered paint from UK from the 2 shops I order Bachmann items. They send me all, track, locos ,......  except the paint and told that they are not allowed to ship paint. If I order just paint from another source I pay the same shipping flate rate for some tin cans of paint as I pay to ship loco, boxcars and paint.

I have a job, a family with children and photography as main hobby. I like model railways but have not a lot of spare time for this hobby. I have a layout to finish, track, landscape, point motors, buildings,...
AND: building rolling stock is not my favorite part of  the hobby. What I enjoy is writing switch lists and running the trains alone or with interested visitors.

austrian

Quote from: Yardmaster on October 10, 2015, 09:09:56 AM
You can't please all the people all of the time....

No of course you can`t. And my opinions are not meant as criticism. It is a matter of taste. For a similar amount of money I can buy a PRR 2-8-2. What make a loco a Pennsy loco for me is the use of a Belpaire firebox and the red cab roof and tender deck. As USRA design this loco does not feature a Belpaire fireboxe so the red would help it give it a Pennsy identity. As some Bachmann Pennsy locos feature the red (K4, Mogul) I hoped that the 2-8-2 would have it, too. Most of my locos are from Bachmann as I needed spare parts and advice more than once and Bachmann always provided better service as other companies. So having the choice I always have a bias for Bachmann products.
I would buy a 2-8-2 in Santa Fe without a hint of reed on it!  ;D

austrian

Quote from: GN.2-6-8-0 on October 10, 2015, 12:03:34 PM
Austrian
masking and painting really isn't that difficult,. heres my new Bachmann EM1 that I like you felt the oxide red roof and tender deck would make for a better looking model.
Took aut an hour including masking.i will admit to using my preferred method of using an air brush for better control.still note the OOPS on the trailing truck,since rectified lol

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I really like your photo. Looks great!

Thomas

Len

Restrictions on shipping paint, solvents, etc., are not uncommon. This is from the Walthers web site (emphasis added):

Quote**Hazardous materials, such as alcohol based-paints, solvents, resins, and paint removers can only be shipped via Standard Shipping and can only be shipped to the contiguous U.S. In addition, some manufacturers have additional shipping restrictions within the U.S.

There may be restrictions in the UK about shipping similar items to locations outside the UK.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jbrock27

Quote from: austrian on October 10, 2015, 12:52:58 PM
It is what I was told when I mail ordered paint from UK from the 2 shops I order Bachmann items. They send me all...except the paint and told that they are not allowed to ship paint.

What do you expect, the English are stuffy and sticklers :D
Keep Calm and Carry On