News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bad luck

Started by austrian, October 15, 2015, 12:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austrian

Today I have received my parcel with spare parts I have ordered, Two Santa Fe shells, one FT-A and one FT-B. As shipping to Austria costs more than $ 30 I ordered both shells at the same time, a fuel tank cover and a geared wheel.  Big mistake! As the total cost of these parts was $ 33.60, the parcel did not go through customs unchecked. I had to pay $ 36 import duty (including service charge)  >:(

The invoice showed  H118X-00A01-SF-SR Body Shell - Santa Fe (Silver&Red - Black Vent) (HO: FT-B) that was the item I have ordered. But I received a F7B body shell that is useless for me!  :(
I paid $ 15 for the shell, $ 33,60 for shipping and $ 36 import duty. I hope the Bachmann parts team will advise me how to arrange for replacement without paying import duty again and I hope the cost of shipping the wrong shell back to Bachmann will be reimpursed.
I really wished American model railroading  would be more popular here in Austria/Europe making more local purchases possible as the cost of shipping and customs duty would be better spent on more rolling stock!

austrian

The day looks brighter now as I got message from the parts team that they will send me the rigth shell  - I am happy that the right one still was in stock.
Big thumbs up for the Bachmann parts team, lightning fast and very friendly response to my email!

More than 90% of my rolling stock is from Bachmann and with this support I intend to keep it that way.

Thomas