News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

switches

Started by adari, November 12, 2007, 01:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adari

Dear Mr.B and everyone else,
Why dont you make 22" switches, 26" switches, 28" switches, 33.25" switches,and 35.50 switches. And can you make 7" and 8" curves and switches for the peter witt streetcars.
Thanks ;D

Jim Banner

I do not work for Bachmann, but I can take some guesses here.  These specialty items are not very much in demand and some of them, such as street car switches are already manufactured.  I suspect Bachmann would rather invest their money in bringing out a new locomotive which they can sell in large quantities than in bringing out specialty turnouts which they would sell very few of.

But all is not lost.  With a bit of patience, most modelers can produce turnouts of whatever radius or frog number they want.  And from there it is only a short step to producing special items of trackwork.  There are a number of excellent articles on the web on building turnouts.  The job does not require a huge collection of specialty tools, in fact, most modelers already have the required tools in their kit.  And the satisfaction of being able to say "I did it myself" is immense.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.