News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Decals

Started by jeff langmack, October 24, 2015, 08:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff langmack

To the forum, Are any sources for G Scale decals? Would like to find period decals in G Scale from the early 1900's to the middle 40's  Railroad/lumber/mining. Thanks Jeff

Chuck N

I use Stan Cedarleaf for all my decals.  They are excellent. I have use him for many different projects.  He does custom as well at established Railroads.

http://gold.mylargescale.com/stancedarleaf/webpagedecals/customdecalsx.html

If he doesn't have it in his library, he will work with you to create what you want.

Chuck

One project was to reletter 32 LGB iron ore cars to the DM&IR.  The original cars were Pennsylvania and Santa Fe.

Each car has a different number and the other lettering on the side matches that number.

He also did the custom lettering on my Shay.

Another custom project.

Lastly, I had four Bachmann J&S passenger cars that needed lettering for the Colorado and Southern, they worked out very fine.

Loco Bill Canelos

Jeff,

I also recommend Stan.  Stan has done many of my Colorado & Kansas Decals and my Missouri Western decals, He also did some 3 color heralds for my Missouri Western.  Super job!!!

If you find and old picture with something you like in the way of a name Stan can probably do it.  He prices are reasonable an service is quick as well.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

jeff langmack

Thanks. I was going batty, couldn't find anything. Again, thanks. Jeff

Seaboard Air Line Fan

You should contact Dave at:

http://www.lbrenterprisesllc.com/

He does great O scale decals and may do G scale.

Bob D.

glennk28

San Juan Decals has some--also MicroScale has some.

tac

Over the last fifteen years or so I've lost count of the decals, some of them unique, that Stan has made for me.  He IS Mr Decal.

Another possibility is outdoor-safe thin-film vinyl, made by Del Tapporo.

Either gets my 100% recommendation of their kind.

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS