News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Another "sound"question

Started by Twistfist, October 29, 2015, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twistfist

Hello,   I am not only new to this forum board, but I am also new to 0N30 trains.   Every year I setup my Christmas village. I always had a battery powered tree train in it. No the best ,but it worked and had sound.  It died and I decided to get the Bachmann Home for the Holiday train set.  Awesome little setup. I added extra track and it was a big hit with the exception of sound.  Now for the big question !  How do I add train sounds without breaking the bank.  I only use this 2 months out of the year at Christmas . I see where I could buy a new engine with sound on board, but I also need a new controller.
Getting pricey !!   Any other suggestions  Thank you.

Hunt

To have sound using DCC, you likely already know, you are in the ballpark of spending $300.00.

Suggest you use the train set this year without sound and perhaps have sound next year.

Bachmann has partnered with BlueRail Trains to provide a new train control system.

Click Here to view an introductory video

Sometime next year,  BlueRail Trains may have a circuit board suitable for installing in the Bachmann On30 locomotive you have. Its cost is not known at this time.

Hunt

Click Here for just updated BlueRail Trains website containing product information. 

Twistfist

Thank You for your help. Not sure what I am gong to do.  Starting to set up my village scene tomorrow. takes about three weeks.

mabloodhound

I have a MRC Symphony 77 sound system that I use with my Xmas display.  It does exactly what you want and was priced cheap enough.
BUT, it is no longer manufactured.  They do come up on e-bay but none there right now.  It can be added to your layout at anytime so keep a lookout for one on e-bay or maybe one of the model RR forums on Facebook.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

mabloodhound

Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

Twistfist