News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

WPYR

Started by alaskacollector, November 14, 2015, 01:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaskacollector

Hi Loco Bill. I di not know how to reply to your swift response to my earlier question, so I did it this way. You are an amazing wealth of knowledge. I really appreciate all of the info you gave me. I know that you said that there are no stupid questions, so here goes. In all my years of collecting I never heard of an "Annie". Could you enlighten me as to what it is. Also, I have looked at only one side of the box. The engine and tender are still taped or glued behind the original plastic. Each car is wrapped as is the power pack and controller. It says that there are additional tracks underneath or inside the Styrofoam to make up the total amount of tracks. I am afraid to turn the box over because I do not want to break the plastic seal on the engine and tender. Could the DVD and the original IB be in there? What about the track clips? Might they had been in the empty space on the front of the box, and they are missing and that is why there is an empty space. I got the original outer The shipping carton along with the set. That is how it was mailed to me. The box was sealed with two pieces of tape, both exactly the same tape and size. Once I released the tape the outer box opened up so I could "touch" the trains. Do you think it is okay to turn it over and see what is underneath? Thanks again for all your help with this cool set, and the other WP&YR trains available to me. Don.

Chuck N

The term "Annie" is short for "Anniversary ".  About 10 or so years ago Bachmann came out with an upgraded version of the Big Hauler 4-6-0 that came in the sets.  It had a more robust drive train and metal side rods.  I believe that it was brought out to celebrate  the introduction of the Big Hauler "G" gauge sets.

If you are logged in to the Bachmann site and not just looking, you will see a box with "reply" above and below the posts you are reading.  Click on one or the other and you will get a text box.

You have to be logged in!!

Chuck

alaskacollector

Hi: I found it. This is new to me as I just signed up yesterday. Thank you for your answer. I never would have guessed that one.

Loco Bill Canelos

Don,

The original Big Hauler 4-6-0 locomotive made by Bachmann came out in 1989 and all the parts were plastic, such as the bell, whistle, pipes, handrails, air pumps, side rods and other details.   In early 2000 to commemorate the Tenth Anniversary of the original 4-6-0 locomotive, Bachmann came out with the upgraded version you have in your set. This Tenth Anniversary edition 4-6-0 has been nicknamed the Annie.   There are picture of some of the others below your set description in your 2010 catalog.   The Annie has all metal detail parts and some added detail as well as the metal siderods mentioned by Chuck. 

Did you buy this from an authorized dealer on EBay?  From an individual??  Sometimes a set can be retaped to look new when it isn't.

Unless you don't plan to run it, there is no need to take the track out.  The instruction and DVD's were not usually packed in the back with the rest of the track, but you could take a look.  I wish I could help more, but perhaps the clips are in among the packaging. Looking at photos of some of the other set boxes, the clips in some cases were in a little opening in the foam. the DVD came in a thin slot in the foam, or flat on top with the manual.

I do not have this set or I would look to find more info for you.   Perhaps one of our other members who has the set can provide better information for you than I can.  I know a lot but not everything.

Anyone have this set who can help Don???

Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

alaskacollector

Hi Loco Bill. Thank you for the additional information. It is very helpful. Is does not look as if their is a DVD or track clips in the box so I am going to see if I can order them on line from Bachmann. I am not planning to run the set only to display it so I want it to be as complete as possible. If anyone else has any more info on the set I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again. Don.