News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Night Before Christmas

Started by Straw, November 05, 2015, 07:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straw

Was given the Night Before Christmas set. Can I add track?? If so how much and which type??

Hunt

If this is your trains set

What size track plan do you have in mind?

You can add as much 45 mm gauge model railroad track as you want from most any track manufacturer. The more track, at a point, the more wiring needed to distribute power to the track. This also can bring into play the power the power pack can deliver.

Some folks prefer to use track made of brass as it is not as susceptible to damage as the steel track Bachmann provides in their Large Scale (can be seen referred to as G Scale) train sets.

Chuck N

Straw

If you new set has steel tubular track It will not be easy to connect it to any of the solid track, brass, stainless steel, aluminum, etc.  The steel track is OK indoors, but if you are planning to set up your train outside, it will very quickly rust.

If you are going to have a permanent setup indoors or out.  I would recommend getting larger diameter curves.  The largest that will fit you proposed space.  The 2' radius (4' Diameter) curves that come with the set are OK for under the Christmas tree.  However, if used on a regular basis they will add to the wear and tear of the wheels, track, and gears. 

Chuck

shinnmi

My wife purchased this Christmas train set from a secondary retailer and gave me the "mission" of assembling it prior to Thanksgiving (to surprise my small grandson). 

The assembly was easy and straight forward, but I have two questions:
1.  Where does the accompanying Santa and his gift bag go?
2.  Can you explain more about those extra couplers that I received? I am not exactly sure what they are for.

This train is really a fantastic addition to our Christmas decoration.   Beautiful!

Thanks.

Loco Bill Canelos

HI! 

Your set is definitely a beauty!! 8)   Santa can go anywhere you want him to :)!  Don't worry about the extra couplers unless you will be adding cars from a different manufacturer.

Have fun with the grandson, O yeah, and watch out Santa might hook you on Large Scale railroading 8) ::) :o ;D!

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!