A request to B-mann on a possible future N scale product

Started by brokemoto, November 16, 2015, 11:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryeguyisme

Separately applied domes would be a plus, much like the Spectrum Heavy 4-8-2, perfect for customization

bnoem1

Bach Man:
You folks have changed N scale steam and set a new benchmark.  That said, I'd like to see you issue a Pacific 4-6-2.  I know Model Power has one out, but I refuse to buy steam that has molded on details any more.  I'd also like to see a re-issue of the 2-10-2 with a Vanderbilt tender.  Of course both should be in the B&O roadname as well as any other.  They should also be DCC equiped.
Thanks for listening to us.

spookshow

Bachmann released a very nice PRR K4 4-6-2 earlier this year. Maybe we'll see that mechanism adapted to other Pacifics (hint, hint).

Cheers,
-Mark

kewatin

What i would like to know is why did BACHMANN drop their unlettered locos from there marketing schedule.these available options suited mine and others as well.if i remember right some yrs back ,it was stated on this forum
that these items were slow to sell or were the last units to be sold by retailers.perhaps someone from bachmann would comment.i am the type of modeler that is not a rivet counter,but do enjoy running my trains and i can apply my own decals thank you.i would like to see other modelers response to as would they like to see a return to the unlettered versions of what is being produced as well as more vandy tenders big &small.can't ever remember bachmann doing a small vandy tender.only one available is MP-MRC. for those wishing to do a tender change out.i do like the fact on their 2-10-2 they offered a coal or oil tender depending on road name.
regards&later KEWATIN

Maletrain

I want to second the suggestions for other Pacifics on the K-4 mechanism and for those great all-wheel pickup tenders to be made available in small Vanderbuilt form. 

And, I would like to see a 2-8-2 at the Spectrum level with DCC. Maybe some of the other existing 8 drive wheel mechanisms coud be adapted to a 2-8-2 arrangement.  If they are a little too long to make USRA (light or heavy) Mikes, could they be used for some of the really heavy later Mikes like the B&O Q-4s?