News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Newbie to the hobby

Started by SGTDDY, July 16, 2016, 02:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainman203

Ok. :D. But it's breaking 95 and 110 percent every day here.  I'm gonna go lay down somewhere cool and dark  :o :D

rogertra

Quote from: jbrock27 on July 19, 2016, 12:36:51 PM
I don't see the expenditure of getting books, magazines or any other written publications as necessary to soliciting opinions on and receiving feedback on, a starter train set ::)

But until we know what interests him, how can we help.

For instance, is he interested in modelling a railroad or just model railroading?  Two completely different approaches.

Does he care of he mixes steam with the latest techno-toaster or 36ft single sheath boxcars with the latest TOFC equipment?

Does he want scale looking track or train set track?

Numerous questions and reading books and magazines will help set him on his path and avoid costly errors in purchasing the wrong locos, rolling stock and even track and choice of power supply and throttles.

Cheers

Roger T.

jbrock27

Quote from: rogertra on July 19, 2016, 02:16:29 PM
But until we know what interests him, how can we help.

Cheers

Roger T.

Didn't you get the following memo Roger?

Quote from: Trainman203 on July 19, 2016, 12:04:07 AM
I think he's got what he's looking for...

I am guessing that you don't find it worthwhile of your time, but you should really start making it a habit of starting to read a Thread from Page 1 and not Page 2 ::)
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Quote from: Trainman203 on July 19, 2016, 01:45:16 PM
Ok. :D. But it's breaking 95 and 110 percent every day here.  I'm gonna go lay down somewhere cool and dark  :o :D

Good one TM:).  LOL!
Keep Calm and Carry On

rogertra

Quote from: jbrock27 on July 19, 2016, 02:56:33 PM
Quote from: Trainman203 on July 19, 2016, 01:45:16 PM

Good one TM:).  LOL!

I have been following but I think I lost the thread.  :-)

Cheers

Roger T.

Trainman203

It's because it's too hot to argue about anything.

jbrock27

Not arguing, just different opinions being expressed ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On

brokenrail

Hot and no rain here in lower Mich. Hit or miss since May and we missed 90% of it.Good thing the layout is in the cool basement ;D.
Johnny

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On