Holiday village trolley only auto-reverses when set to half-speed

Started by pokeweb, November 22, 2015, 09:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokeweb

After owning it for a couple years, my holiday trolley stopped auto-reversing. It would leave the barn and when it got to the end (gapped track) it would just stop and not reverse. Today, after experimenting with it, I found that if I ran it at half-speed (or so) or slower, the auto-reverse would start working again. If I slowly increase the speed, there comes a point where it stops doing the auto-reverse. Also of note is that if I run it slow and it starts coming back to the barn, then I increase the speed, the trolley just stops in its tracks.

Any ideas what could be going on? Thanks!

tomplatten

I have had similar problems with my trolley set. I have found the track has to be very clean from end to end. Clean the wheels with a Q-tip and alcohol as well!

pokeweb

Quote from: pokeweb on December 03, 2015, 04:47:35 AM
Thanks! I'll try that.

I tried cleaning the tracks and wheels and it still won't reverse unless the speed is no higher than a third. I tried shortening the track to just one straight length and the bumper track- same result.. when it gets to the bumper end, it won't return.

Any other suggestions?

pokeweb

Quote from: Yardmaster on December 15, 2015, 09:26:44 AM
You might want to contact the Bachmann Service department
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/prod_serv.php

Just did and I was advised to send the train set in for service. Problem is that since it's two years old, it will cost me $55 for the repair plus the cost to ship it in.