News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z APP™ is Here!

Started by Bucksco, November 23, 2015, 07:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucksco

Bachmann's  E-Z APP™ Bluetooth® train sets and locomotives are now shipping to your local Bachmann retailer. Enjoy wireless touch-screen control of our E-Z APP™-equipped locomotives through your Bluetooth®4 -supported Apple® smart device. Now you can have speed, direction, lighting and sound control at your fingertips using your Apple® iPhone®, iPod® or other IOS device and the free E-Z APP™ download.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez-app.php

jward

How long before the Android version of EZ App is available?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Bloks

Now i need switch to HO scale? Or for N scale E-Z app is used too?:)

Bucksco

Only available in HO at this time.

jward

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Hunt

The BlueRail Trains website has just been redone focusing on the use of Bluetooth Smart for train control and their BlueRail Trains announced and future planned products.

Truck5

so will this work with DCC I already have?

Bucksco

The App controls Bluetooth equipped locomotives. It does not control DCC locos. DCC and EZ App locos can run on the same track at the same time. You just cannot control an EZ App loco with a DCC controller and vice versa.

Berne4Berne

Will a conversion kit ever be made available for current DCC Loco's so they can be controlled by the EZ APP?

InsideTrack

You can buy a separate-sale E-Z App decoder directly from Blue Rail Trains, http://bluerailtrains.com/
Make sure you confirm that it will fit into your locomotive. Not all engines have room for the decoder.

Hunt

Quote from: InsideTrack on January 22, 2019, 03:03:53 PM
You can buy a separate-sale E-Z App decoder directly from Blue Rail Trains, http://bluerailtrains.com/
Make sure you confirm that it will fit into your locomotive. Not all engines have room for the decoder.

The Bluetooth control board (which is installed in locomotive or its tender)  sold by Blue Rail Trains has been out of stock for a year or more.

Thor50

Hi. Has anyone heard if Bluerail Trains are still in operation? I have sent two emails to them but have received no reply. I was interested in purchasing a control board. Regards.

Grapevine Flyer

BlueRail has been developing a next-generation board (BlueRail is not the manufacturer) which is nearing release. If you used their contact page to send them a communication, then you should be receiving information on that soon.

Ralph S

Okay, could you clue me in on Smart Devices?  From what I recall smart devices are on phones, the App is downloaded to a phone.  Please tell me that there are smart devices and Apps that do not involve being attached to a phone system!
Basically, Are you telling me that train sets are now going to have to have a phone attached in order to operate model trains?  This means that everyone everywhere will need a phone in order to use this new EZ App?   Can this EZ-APP be used on a phone that's not connected to a phone company?  Say without a SIM card.   If that's the case, then I'll gladly move to operating my trains on one of my old smart phones that isn't on the phone companies rental/usage charge.
  I'm all eyes (Ears are for hearing), eyes are for reading your response.

prr22

I believe it will work as long as you have bluetooth.
Modeling the rolling hills from Baltimore to Pittsburg