News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help ASAP--

Started by smontero, November 18, 2007, 11:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smontero

I am looking for a Christmas Thomas the tank Engline that will run on my North Star Express train track which I purchased from Sams (90041?).  I am a grandmother very new to trains and would like to get a holiday Thomas to add to my track.  I do not know what size will fit.  I think it may be "G".  Where do I find a Thomas and Emily that size????  Thanks a million.  Please respond ASAP. 

Cascade Northern

Lionel was the only G-Scale company to produce a Thomas engine.  They have stopped making them for a few years now.  The only place you can find them now is on e-bay.  Bachmann HO Scale makes lots of Thomas engines and cars.

Jon D. Miller

smontero

As Snoq.Pass mentions, Lionel made the Large Scale (G) Thomas and Freinds engines and sets.  E-Bay is probably your best source to find one. Just be careful when making a selection.  Many of the Thomas engines offered on E-Bay have seen better days and are worn out.  Not much fun to have a Thomas and then find it will not run.

You also might check with Lionel dealers.  There could possibly be one still around in the hands of a dealer.  Not likely but worth a shot.

Ignore the reference to the HO scale Thomas engines and sets.  That comment was more a throw away and not germane to your question.  In no way will any HO scale work with what you have.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

altterrain

Yes, eBay is the only place you will find the large scale Lionel Thomas trains and they are usually pretty pricey.

-Brian
President of

Cascade Northern

As Miller mentioned, the HO Thomas will not work with your North Star Express set.  I mentioned the HO-Scale Thomas was that if you could not find a G-Scale one and had to have some Thomas set, then you could go in that direction.  I should have been a little more clearer, my mistake :-[.